Southampton 0-1 Newcastle United (24/01/2023)

Disco

2 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

They haven't once shown a good enough angle to confirm it imo

On one angle shown over here, it seemed to graze his arm. That being said, referee made the decision so near imposible to overturn with those images.

I appreciate we are getting less clinical with every game lol. 

We are doing most things right. Some sloppy passing aside, rain doesn't help.

The floodgates have to open soon though and things work for us in front of goals! Surely! 

Willock though :banghead:

Just now, David Edgar said:

100%

Gets credit for running fast in a straight line, but 90% of the time he's so wasteful when he gets into a position to use the ball.

He can beat a man off the dribble once in a while but overall he sure makes alot of mistakes.

Call it whining but we clearly need something different in the attacking positions, its alarming for me.

Playing ok for the most part, but even this defence will concede at some point, we need to score more.

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

Dont get why that goal gets ruled out. Where else could his arms be? They were in a totally natural position. 

Ref thought it hit his hand, looks like hip/stomach to me, they had a good look at the angle from which it looks like it could hit his hand. 

VAR isn't going to overturn it as it's obviously a tough one.

shite.

Team still is a bit imbalanced. Way too many players whose main strength is off the ball movement. Chances and chances to create have been falling to Willock/Longstaff for weeks now without anything happening. Though i do think Longstaffs ball to Wilson was actually good and Wilson should have been on his toes. I'd swap Willock and Wilson for Isak/Maxi at half time. But i guess we will probably wait a bit.

Just now, Rich said:

Just to get amongst the knee-jerking. When was Bruno’s last Bruno performance?

Another who hasn’t looked at his best post-WC - though he did have a form dip before that tbf.  Doesn’t make him bad, of course, but it’s been a while since he had one of those superhuman performances.