Southampton 0-1 Newcastle United (24/01/2023)

Disco

Another dominate half from us again. I really find that my new found anger or annoyance watching us is that our football is top quality. We are excellent up to the final pass and that’s what’s upsetting. It’s so different to not be upset by how useless we are, but it’s the same feeling when you can’t turn continuous dominance into end product.

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Cunt couldn’t blow quick enough.

Yet another “blow for the negative v Newcastle and see if it’s clear and obvious to the contrary.”

Fucking sick of it.

Just give the goal, then ask VAR about it. This is the problem with VAR, where as in rugby for example they just ask the video ref is there any reason I can't give this. 

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We lack any threat from the left when Joelinton's there imo. We all rave about the record of first half clean sheets; that's now our 7th consecutive first half we've failed to score in. Needs a rethink.

BUT we're clearly the better side. It's just frustrating as fuck. :lol:

Yep, the front three are not justifying starting every game.

Ref guessed. He saw a pile up on the box, maybe an offside and blew his whistle and crossed his fingers. VAR flew in to rescue him but it's absolute bullshit, fucker didn't even know what he gave it just looked like soton were in a shit position, player down so he blew up. 

VAR is just not fit for purpose. If it's not going to be used to get the correct decision and only used to give the ref a get out of jail free card then just bin the cunt. 

Just now, Rod said:

I'm still not sure what you are saying.  Did you think it was handball or not?

Did not look like a handball to me but no reply was clear for me at least to say it wasn't and that is what was called on the field. 

Did they just say there wasn't enough evidence for the handball so therefore goal disallowed? To echo the post above, what is the point of VAR in this instance. From one angle it looks like it rolls up his arm and the second angle looks like its his thigh.

Just now, reefatoon said:

Yep, the front three are not justifying starting every game.

They are the same front three that scored 3 or more goals in 4 of the last 8 PL games before the World Cup like.