Southampton 0-1 Newcastle United (24/01/2023)

Disco

The tie's not over by any means. Definitely need another switched on, professional performance, hopefully with much improved finishing.

Joelinton should have a hattrick really and it should be dead and buried with us going back with a 4 or 5 goal lead. Pope was brilliant, with another keeper that's potentially an absolute sickener of a result.

Pope: 10

Trippier: 8

Schar: 8.5

Botman: 7.5

Burn: 5

Bruno: 8

Longstaff: 5

Willock: 5.5

Joelinton: 8

Wilson: 5

ASM: 8

Isak: 8

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Can’t remember the last time I felt this angry after a win, really strange feeling. Think I let out a lot of life stress in the course of that match 

It is what (one of the things) footy is for. Enjoy the win and what it might lead to 👍

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

The tie's not over by any means. Definitely need another switched on, professional performance, hopefully with much improved finishing.

Joelinton should have a hattrick really and it should be dead and buried with us going back with a 4 or 5 goal lead. Pope was brilliant, with another keeper that's potentially an absolute sickener of a result.

Pope: 10

Trippier: 8

Schar: 8.5

Botman: 7

Burn: 5

Bruno: 8

Longstaff: 5

Willock: 5.5

Joelinton: 8

Wilson: 5

ASM: 8

Isak: 8

Trippier 8 Burn 5?  Woof, that’s harsh on Burn and not anywhere near where I’d have Trippier :) 

4 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Really wasn't.

Made some poor decisions with the ball at key moments and was just really sloppy.

That last move where he could have set it for Isak to shoot and he didn't was just really dumbfounding.

The whole team was quite sloppy and wasteful today and so perhaps it is a bit harsh singling him out.

One of the sloppiest and scrutty haha we've had for a long time. Result went out way but the passing and finishing was appalling from the first whistle. The subs and the change in cm changed the game but that game had some awful performances from some players. Thought Longstaff, Tripper, Willock and Almiron were all ordinary at best. 

Isak needs to start every game, we need another one like him this window and another 2 or 3 in the summer

Holy shit that was stressful, we should have been 4/5 up and the tie should be dead, but atleast we're going to SJP with a goal advantage, thats massive. 

Some observations: 

Willock needs fucking shooting practice.

Bruno is the best CM in my lifetime, he's utter quality, and just bossed that game from start to finish.

Nick Pope's record stands strong.

Miggy's dribbling ability has come on leaps and bounds, its his biggest attribute.

Isak need to start next week, Wilson has been off it recently and the dynamism of Isak as well as the pace of ASM changed that game. 

Longstaff is really poor on the ball, but the work he does going back is unrivaled and contributes massively to the way we play. 

Going to take a while for my heart rate to come down, not sure i'll sleep for a while :lol: 

Just now, midds said:

One of the sloppiest and scrutty haha we've had for a long time. Result went out way but the passing and finishing was appalling from the first whistle. The subs and the change in cm changed the game but that game had some awful performances from some players. Thought Longstaff, Tripper, Willock and Almiron were all ordinary at best. 

Isak needs to start every game, we need another one like him this window and another 2 or 3 in the summer

Sloppy post like ;)

Stupid question alert: Does Duje Ćaleta-Car getting sent off mean he misses the second leg or does he serve his ban at the weekend PL game? I know they changed the rules with this some what recently. Seems stupid he isn't punished for when we play next. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

:lol:

Just now, toontownman said:

Stupid question alert: Does Duje Ćaleta-Car getting sent off mean he misses the second leg or does he serve his ban at the weekend PL game? I know they changed the rules with this some what recently. Seems stupid he isn't punished for when we play next. 

It’s FA Cup weekend.

Right everyone, nothing to see here, lets all meet in the Gordon Thread and discuss how he wears shit clothes, has shit hair, is a rat and isn't good enough for us.

Edited by Numbers