Southampton 0-1 Newcastle United (24/01/2023)

Disco

3 hours ago, McDog said:

How the fuck can I make it any clearer?

1) I didn't think it was a handball? Right? What I think means shit.

2) The ref called it a handball on the field, you follow? That's what counts.

3) In the replays it wasn't clear if it was or wasn't. I believe inconclusive is the term.

That seems really straight forward to me. Jesus Joseph and Mary.

Still not sure where you are with this.

Just now, Rod said:

So do you think Joelinton's goal should have stood or not?

I do not understand how VAR and the rules are applied. Like practically everyone here. I've been told unless it's clear and obvious it should not be overturned, under that standard it should have stood.

Clear enough?

Just now, McDog said:

I do not understand how VAR and the rules are applied. Like practically everyone here. I've been told unless it's clear and obvious it should not be overturned, under that standard it should have stood.

Clear enough?

Not really.  Did YOU think it was a goal or not?  I can't simplify my question with enough clarity.

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

Did you think it was a goal? 

Yes I thought it was a legitimate goal that the officials messed up yet AGAIN.  I mean, how difficult can that VAR job be?

Just now, Rod said:

Yes I thought it was a legitimate goal that the officials messed up yet AGAIN.  I mean, how difficult can that VAR job be?

It depends on what standard they are using to to review these. I thought it was a goal but didn't see proof on the replay. 

Seems like a bad call and I sure wish VAR was applied with a consistent standard as Isak and Liverpool would have stood.

Seen a few things from him recently and he seems like an incredibly good guy. I hope he keeps them up. 

I also hope he prioritises the league and plays his second string against us next week. 

5 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Seen a few things from him recently and he seems like an incredibly good guy. I hope he keeps them up. 

I also hope he prioritises the league and plays his second string against us next week. 

I listened to his post match interview and was refreshing not listening to a Klopp or Arteta type. 

You could tell the interviewer was trying to get a reaction out of him on the various incidents but he wasn't biting. Said he thought the red card was fine, if it hit Armstrong's hand then correct decision, etc. 

Talked his team up whilst praising the way we went about things. Just good all round.