Newcastle United vs. Southampton (1-0 agg.): 31/01/23 @ 20:00 - League Cup SF, 2nd leg (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Think Isak might start but rest of the team same as 1st leg. There’s an argument both ASM and Isak should start really but I think Howe will play it more

cautious banking on us finishing chances this time.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Im thinking maybe like Liverpool? But tbh don't see why being a season ticket holder should get you final ticket if you didn't attend the cup games.  

Season ticket holders and Members based on the following Carabao Cup fixtures recorded during the 2021-22 season:

Home games: Arsenal (January 13, 2022), Leicester City (December 22, 2021)

Away games: Arsenal (January 20, 2022), Preston North End (October 27, 2021), Norwich City (September 21, 2021)

A guaranteed sale will take place to supporters who recorded THREE of the above games.

2nd sale: Supporters who:

Recorded TWO of the above games, and

REGISTERED for the BALLOT, and

Are SUCCESSFUL in the ballot

Question is are st holders and eligible members going have wsit in the line at the same time.  I'm hoping that's the case.

Edited by Slim

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

We’ve got about 33k ST holders.

We’d get about 33k tickets.

I think there’s an obvious answer here (saying that as a non ST holder).

I could be wrong, but thought we had closer to 38k ST Holders?

And of our 33k allocation - a proportion of that will be going to NUFC corporate, as well as players/club staff. 

I don't think all ST holders will get a ticket...

Not massively worried as have a modest number of loyalty points and have also been to all home cup games, but it will be interesting to see how it all develops if it's weighted in favour of cup attendance over loyalty points. Ticket allocation seems to be such a touchy subject. Got to get to the final first mind. 

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Im thinking maybe like Liverpool? But tbh don't see why being a season ticket holder should get you final ticket if you didn't attend the cup games.  

Season ticket holders and Members based on the following Carabao Cup fixtures recorded during the 2021-22 season:

Home games: Arsenal (January 13, 2022), Leicester City (December 22, 2021)

Away games: Arsenal (January 20, 2022), Preston North End (October 27, 2021), Norwich City (September 21, 2021)

A guaranteed sale will take place to supporters who recorded THREE of the above games.

2nd sale: Supporters who:

Recorded TWO of the above games, and

REGISTERED for the BALLOT, and

Are SUCCESSFUL in the ballot

I think it'd be a disgrace if members who had been to a couple more cup games qualified over ST holders that didn't bother with earlier rounds. I'll qualify either way like, but that just doesn't seem right at all. 

Just now, TheDimpleboy said:

I think it'd be a disgrace if members who had been to a couple more cup games qualified over ST holders that didn't bother with earlier rounds. I'll qualify either way like, but that just doesn't seem right at all. 

Yeah fully agree. Espically when st holders could buy tjere own seat before anyone else.

Assuming we do get there (🤞) ticket distribution will rumble and rumble.

There isn’t really a ‘right’ or ‘correct’ way to do it, and the vast majority of views are influenced by whatever position you find yourself in, but I can see multiple issues with basing it (primarily) on previous cup match attendance.

My opinion (worth nothing) is it should go as:

Loyalty Points

Remaining ST holders on 0 points

Members attending (any) matches this season

Remaining Members

General Sale (obviously would never get that far)

Edited by SteV

28 minutes ago, STM said:

Been to all bar Tranmere. :aww:

So, lads. What chances of me getting final tickets. I've got a season ticket (3 actually), have been to Palace, Bournemouth, Leicester and now Southampton but only got 7 loyalty points on the season tickets.

Am I good to go? Or is there still a risk?

You’ll be 100% fine. You are covered for all eventualities assuming we get there and are given 33K allocation.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

I dont think there can be any argument that somone who attending every home game deserves a ticket before somone who went to 1 or 2  first is there?

I'm saying I think ST holders who didn't go to early rounds of the cup should get priority over members who did attend the earlier rounds...

Just now, TheDimpleboy said:

I'm saying I think ST holders who didn't go to early rounds of the cup should get priority over members who did attend the earlier rounds...

Playing devils advocate… why?

I’m a season ticket holder and have also been to all the cup home games, I would be pissed of we do get there and I don’t get a ticket because it goes to someone that has got more points than me but didn’t attend any cup games until the semi 

Interesting.  

The cup is its own thing and they had chance to go and didn't is my view.  Just think but shit that you can show an interest because its the final but people who wemt to them all get fucked ha.

Espically all the many moany cunt season ticket holders near me who said the Mitro penalty got disallowed because he was offside.

Edited by Slim

21 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Think Isak might start but rest of the team same as 1st leg. There’s an argument both ASM and Isak should start really but I think Howe will play it more

cautious banking on us finishing chances this time.

I think he’ll go unchanged, worked last time we just didn’t put the easy chances away.

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I’m a season ticket holder and have also been to all the cup home games, I would be pissed of we do get there and I don’t get a ticket because it goes to someone that has got more points than me but didn’t attend any cup games until the semi 

I’d be 99% sure you’d be alright given the allocation numbers touted, so I wouldn’t worry.

but….

Turning your argument on it’s head, there’d be loyalty points holders who would say “I would be pissed off that someone who doesn’t bother to go away now wants to go just because it’s a final, and gets a ticket ahead of me”.

Like I say, no easy or right way. 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

I don’t think you’d need to worry. For the size of allocation I don’t think they will go down the loyalty route until they’ve exhausted demand from anyone with a ST who’s been to a cup game first. 

I think the ones on the shakiest ground who will possibly feel a little put out is anyone with a membership only that’s been to all the home cup games. I’ve a feeling that won’t hold as much sway as a ST with a single cup ticket purchase record. 

I want to stress this is just my opinion. I don’t have any inside information. Things would be a lot clearer if we had an exact number of ST holders versus allocation. As I’m guessing Liverpools allocation was 33K after their corporate grab not before it but again I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I think he’ll go unchanged, worked last time we just didn’t put the easy chances away.

You’re probably right, there’s a stronger argument for Isak starting out of anyone though. Isak will deserve his chance eventually and that might be against Saints or West Ham.

Just now, Rich said:

In future, wouldn't it be good if we had processes in place before the season began? :lol:

Kind of. But if it was known that early round cup attendance got you a (better chance of a) final ticket, coupled with cheap tickets, the buy to sell would become massive.

15 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Playing devils advocate… why?

Because I think committing to every home league game for the full season requires more "effort" or "loyalty" than going to the earlier rounds of the cup. 

In my view the process would be fairest:

1. ST holders with Loyalty points (drop it in increments down to say 5/10 points).

2. Remaining tickets go to ST Holders with no loyalty points but attended all home cup games, then ST holders that missed 1 cup game, etc. etc. until sold out.

It would personally benefit me if members would have a shot - because it would mean my dad would get a ticket based on cup games this year. But I don't think it's right he gets priority over the above 2 categories.

Edited by TheDimpleboy

I'd also suggest the club would do well to encourage our more 'vocal' fans/with most loyalty points to buy tickets behind the goal. And maybe families/older supporters to purchase tickets round the sides/higher tiers.

It's likely that supporters will be standing all game behind the goal (pretty much every team at wembley's fans stand behind the goal), and some people who don't want to stand may be a bit miffed if they end up with no choice but to do so. 

We've got to win on Tuesday first like [emoji38]

Edited by TheDimpleboy