Newcastle United vs. Southampton (1-0 agg.): 31/01/23 @ 20:00 - League Cup SF, 2nd leg (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Everyone's assuming all ST holders would attend Wembley? Or are we saying they'd get a ticket for resale or to pass on? 

I’d assume 99% will purchase with a small proportion passing on maybe due to old age etc. 1% unable to attend without any family or friend network to pass on.

11 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

I'd also suggest the club would do well to encourage our more 'vocal' fans/with most loyalty points to buy tickets behind the goal. And maybe families/older supporters to purchase tickets round the sides/higher tiers.

It's likely that supporters will be standing all game behind the goal (pretty much every team at wembley's fans stand behind the goal), and some people who don't want to stand may be a bit miffed if they end up with no choice but to do so. 

We've got to win on Tuesday first like [emoji38]

Our last huge allocation was at the millennium stadium for the semi in 05 wasn't it? Pretty sure all our support stood...

Hopefully it's just treated like an away game

Edited by jack j

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Our last huge allocation was at the millennium stadium for the semi in 05 wasn't it? Pretty sure all our support stood...

Hopefully it's just treated like an away game

I think we’ll make Man U fans look like tourists on the day.

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’d assume 99% will purchase with a small proportion passing on maybe due to old age etc. 1% unable to attend without any family or friend network to pass on.

Think 99% might be a bit optimistic like. It’s a canny expensive day out going to the final. I’d guess 85-90%.

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

Think 99% might be a bit optimistic like. It’s a canny expensive day out going to the final. I’d guess 85-90%.

I did caveat that out of the 99% a proportion will be passing the ticket on for various reasons if you re-read. 

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I did caveat that out of the 99% a proportion will be passing the ticket on for various reasons if you re-read. 

Yeah, I get you. I just think that the actual take up of the option to buy will be 85-90%.

It's almost spoiling the thought of reaching a final for me because I'm so worried about not getting a ticket. 

The reality is that if I have to watch it in my local club, it will still be one of the biggest days of my life. [emoji38]

They have to come and play at some point if they want anything, that will leave all sorts of space but again, they could play a low block for 85 mins and then try and nick something to draw.. 

Does it go straight to penalties if that happens?

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

They have to come and play at some point if they want anything, that will leave all sorts of space but again, they could play a low block for 85 mins and then try and nick something to draw.. 

Does it go straight to penalties if that happens?

Extra time

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Extra time

I’m probably being glass half empty but I’ve seen time and time again recently that we don’t do so well with those tactics.

People talking about tickets for Wembley is making me a little nervous 😟 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think he goes unchanged again

This, Eddie is not one for changing a winning team, especially after a weeks break. 

with regards to talk of the final, I purposely haven’t even check the price of anything yet and won’t until Wednesday morning 

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

I’m a member and have been to every league and cup game. But ill

probably lose out. Who knows. It isn’t going to work for everyone I suppose. 

See to me, you deserve as equal a chance to a ST holder who’s attended all of the games. Your effort is equal and cost is equal (if not more on the latter) Loyalty points first (definitely) then members with a league/cup attendance record (90%+) & ST holders in the next lot imo. 

Liverpool got allocated 33k and 74% of that went to general support , the rest went to corporate etc, we will probably get similar which would be like 24k for general sale . Season ticket holders starting from the highest all the way down to zero points probably the fair way of doing it , after that look at who has been to cup games if any are left .

Edited by Geogaddi

Would it be difficult to find out how many season ticket holders we have? They took them off sale in September 2021, a year or so after that daft scheme to give ten thousand of them away for free. There was an additional one thousand sold in June 2022. 33k sounds about right to me, it would surprise me if we had many more than that going into Bruce and Ashley’s new season. Surely some journalist or the trust could just ask the club for the figure? It’s not a secret is it?

Edited by Hovagod

24 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Liverpool got allocated 33k and 74% of that went to general support , the rest went to corporate etc, we will probably get similar which would be like 24k for general sale . Season ticket holders starting from the highest all the way down to zero points probably the fair way of doing it , after that look at who has been to cup games if any are left .

If that’s the case then those with a ST but no cup purchase history will be at threat along with IMO members only regardless of cup purchase history.

Probably unnecessary but they probably go on sale to STs with 2-3/4 cup game history first then 1-3/4. That’s a guess mind as I don’t know how many STs skipped Palace. Wether they take Tranmere into any account is debatable.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

If that’s the case then those with a ST but no cup purchase history will be at threat along with IMO members only regardless of cup purchase history.

Probably unnecessary but they probably go on sale to STs with 2-3/4 cup game history first then 1-3/4. That’s a guess mind as I don’t know how many STs skipped Palace. Wether they take Tranmere into any account is debatable.

The club has received an allocation of 32,999 tickets for this all-ticket fixture, which will be played at Wembley Stadium in London on Sunday February 27.

The breakdown of LFC’s ticket allocation is:

General supporter allocation: 74 per cent

Contractual supporter allocation; to include seasonal hospitality members and priority rights holders: 17 per cent

Matchday officials/first-team players/former players/media: 8 per cent

Commercial partners – contractual obligations: 1 per cent

Gotta laugh at your bunch of clowns booking hotels and trains etc. Even organising a fanzone :lol: (with a flag display FFS)

We went to Anfield a few years back at the same stage, 1-0 up to be fair but with a makeshift team that everyone thought would get smashed. 

We won that night as well. 

You'll probably win but the arrogance is staggering and of course, you're the best fans in the world and you really deserve it.

Apparently you work all week and then spend your hard earned cash on going to the football :lol:

And let's not forget who your owners are.

A regime that murders people on a whim, supports the wahabist Islamic code that oppresses free speech and women's rights and is basically a scumbag nation that only exists because of the liquid gold it produces. 

I'll be up there tomorrow night, early goal and you'll be shitting it, can't wait and would 'love it' if we beat you and pick up the cheap hotel rooms that are cancelled [emoji38]