Newcastle United vs. Southampton (1-0 agg.): 31/01/23 @ 20:00 - League Cup SF, 2nd leg (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Hovagod said:

In the frenzy of the last few minutes and the goal and the red card and then the whistle, it didn't register as such in the moment....but that Isak miss with pretty much the last kick keeps popping up in my mind. I truly hope that I'm not thinking about it after tomorrow.

Won't matter as we'll piss it tomorrow night.

6 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

In the frenzy of the last few minutes and the goal and the red card and then the whistle, it didn't register as such in the moment....but that Isak miss with pretty much the last kick keeps popping up in my mind. I truly hope that I'm not thinking about it after tomorrow.

I mean, that would just be one of the many chances we missed.

I’ll predict unchanged based on that.

If Wilson has only just managed a full week of training, it would be a surprise to see him dropped without giving him a chance to show the impact of that on his performance.

One thing is certain....  today is dragging and tomorrow is going to be agony!!

Cannot wait for the match, I think with the kid DJ on before kick off and then the general excitement around the possibility of reaching a final that the atmosphere is going to be electric.

Genuinely excited and scared at the same time!

I don’t think Howe would open us up to a potential Maxi defensive lapse from the start given the size of the game and the aggregate scoreline, but would happily be proven wrong.

He has veered more on the cautious side in his entire time here with team selections, so it would be a surprise to see that change now. If we were trailing maybe a different story?

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

I’ll predict unchanged based on that.

If Wilson has only just managed a full week of training, it would be a surprise to see him dropped without giving him a chance to show the impact of that on his performance.

Aye agree with that. I'm desperate for Isak to start, but obviously Howe is very loyal to Callum, which is fair enough really. It's not a bad situation to be in, to have Isak come on against tired legs Tbf. 

There's half an hour left, we're 1-0 down and need to change the game. Do you want to bring on Willock and Wilson, or Isak and ASM? Absolute no brainer that we go unchanged, there's no need to change anything and I think it's actually to our detriment if we do. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

46 minutes ago, Rich said:

One of the creepiest Tweet/photo combos I’ve ever seen.

Don't mind music like his. When I've had 9 trebles and a couple cowies, that is.

Looks like I'll be having an extra pint before heading up to the ground then. 

38 minutes ago, petenufc1985 said:

That's me getting in the ground with 10 mins to go then, extra pint it is.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/special-drinks-offer-in-place-at-carabao-cup-tie/

The offer will be available for 30 minutes between 6.30pm and 7pm

2 4 1 on shit beer but seems be people this will make happy.

Also according to site its 10 min site.  So like 2 songs ha.

Edited by Slim

So up for this. Still can't quite believe it, 90mins away from a final we've actually got a chance of winning (a first for me). Its like the equivalent of getting to a semi in Keegan's first full season, by the time they happened regularly we'd been ready a good while.

Suspect a continuation of the first leg with the lead not being such that one of those daft second-legs comebacks that spawn crazy momentum is on.