Favourite Moment?

Sufi

I know that I’m new here but I’ve been supporting this club since the early 2000s. I’m curious what your favourite moments as an NUFC supporter have been? My personal favourite moment was Tiote (RIP) scoring that volley to complete our comeback against Arsenal after being down 4-0 at half time. It was his first goal for the club as well! Even seeing Harper’s elbow drop and the reaction of the fans. It was amazing. 

Edited by Sufi

3 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I know that I’m new here but I’ve been supporting this club since the early 2000s. I’m curious what your favourite moments as an NUFC supporter have been? My personal favourite moment was Tiote (RIP) scoring that volley to complete our comeback against Arsenal after being down 4-0 at half time. It was his first goal for the club as well! Even seeing Harper’s elbow drop and the reaction of the fans. It was amazing. 

What game was this? 

2 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Thread has been done lots of times before 

Sorry if it’s an old topic. I am brand new to the forum. I think I used it back in the day but I can’t remember my username or login details. I’m pretty sure my name was Osho. Has it been long enough for us to discuss the topic again? If not, mods feel free to delete my thread. 

I moved back up in 2009 and had zero idea how to watch Newcastle. Honestly thought it was all season ticket only.

Followed them all my life from around 1986 when I started understanding football properly at 10yr old. 

Not many people living outside of the toon supported us. All usual glory shithouses. So I got a fair share of shite on a Monday at graft u can imagine.

Anyhow. I ended up starting going alone in the 2010/11 season.

I was a total jinx. This was my first few home matches.

Newcastle 0 2 Blackpool 

Newcastle 1 2 Stoke

Newcastle 2 2 wigan

Newcastle 0 4 Arsenal 

My head was battered. I was so reluctant to go to the next match as I didn’t want to jinx it. The Makem’s.

I remember going into the gallowgate and saying to a bloke. That’s my seat mate.

He smiles and said mate. There isn’t any fucking seats in this match. 🤣

When the first goal went in all I remember was the blood from my bottom lip from the bundles in celebration. I lost my voice on goal 2 and nearly cried on goal 3.

I also remember the lad who nearly got his teeth kicked in when Sunderland scored and he went mental. It was because he had a fiver on 5-1. Showed us all the receipt.

left the ground and there was a lad with one of the seats inside his jacket.

pure carnage.

Hairs on the back of my neck still stand up to this day thinking about it.

Best football day of my life.

The takeover in terms of pure relief, emotion, excitement etc.

Best game i have been to is Leeds away 4-3 win in 2001, 3-1 down with 15/20 mins left, stayed top of the league.

Nobby slotting the winner is forever etched in my memory.

Edited by IzzyIsak

Probably going mental outside SJP after the takeover was announced TBH. 

Shearer signing, my Dad faxed the back page of the chronicle to the hotel in Scotland we were staying at :lol:

Andy Cole being sold and lessons stopping at school so we could listen to it on the radio. 

Asprilla signing and coming through the snow in his big fur coat. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

- Most of the promotion season in '92, but especially the 7-1 Vs Leicester in the final game

- Cole breaking our season's scoring record

- Shearer breaking our all time scoring record

Then there's a massive long gap where everything is shit, but I did go to Plymouth away where we clinched the title back to the top flight which was great, before I completely gave up for a few years and just started hoping we got beat each week.

After that it's the takeover. I cried when we scored in that first game Vs Spurs even though I was only watching on TV (the only thing on this list I wasn't at in person), just such a relief of emotion to actually care, properly, about football again. I also cried when our third went in Vs villa but that was because I was up in Newcastle because my father had just passed, I thought it was ok to go to the match but I properly started blubbing away in floods of tears, people around me probably thought I was a villa fan :lol:

Best season: 83-84. Pure exhilaration

Best match (non-win): QPR away 84-85. 5-5 draw.

Best match (win): Sunderland 5-1

Best moment watching on TV: Bellamy goal away v Feyenoord

Best away atmosphere: Liverpool away 3rd round FA Cup 1984 (lost 4-0, Keegan's Anfield return. Unreal support)

On 17/04/2022 at 10:42, Kid Icarus said:

Ginola's vs Man United for me I think.

A big part of it was the context. It was obviously the season after we'd lost the title and we hadn't been able to beat them in previous matches we'd completely dominated. Then lost 4-0 in the charity shield after signing Shearer.

Peacock's goal was barely over the line, so when Ginola - my favourite player, who himself had struggled with form for about 6 months - smashed that one in past the previously impenetrable Schmeichel it wasn't just a class goal that you could happily watch over and over again, it was a goal that came with a wave of relief and release of frustration for me.