Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

Just now, BennyBlanco said:

Don’t think we looked good in the 2nd half. I think that switch of Isak and Saint Maximin on for Wilson and Miggy/Joelinton  is now expected and teams will start to deal with it. Isak should start but Maxi wasn’t that effective and looks too eager to prove himself. That being said I’d deffo give Isak a start next game.

Happy to be going Wembley but we looked far from convincing in that 2nd half. A much better team would have porked us. Simple as that.

Just try to enjoy this, man. Seriously.

3 minutes ago, Billy Warthog said:

Bitter-sweet win for me.

During half time, I got the news of one of my most fervent Toon-supporting mates had passed away. Rather stunned now. Was only with him at the Southampton 4-1 league game a couple of months ago. We’re both exiles and hence didn’t see each other that often, but we’ve been to several away games and I’ve known him for decades. Fuck…

Feel so sorry that he’s not going to see the next chapters of his beloved Newcastle United. He would have enjoyed tonight. Won’t be quite the same again.

Final whistle had me in tears… 😞

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Utterly shit. I hope you can take the good memories forward with you, and still enjoy the club just as much. DMs always open if you ever want to vent and get shit off your chest.

5 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Just the 15 years it took for me to see us in a cup final. Sitting here miles up in the air on a plane and tearing up :lol: What a fucking feeling

:lol: 18 years and I'm grinning like a mentalist at my desk.

Pope: 8

Trippier: 7

Schär: 6.5

Botman: 7

Burn: 7

Bruno: 6 (8 without the red card)

Joelinton: 7.5

Longstaff: 10

Willock: 6.5 (7.5 without that daft mistake)

Wilson: 6.5

Almiron: 7

ASM: 6.5

Isak: 7

Murphy: 7

Edited by Kid Icarus

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Its taking a little while to come up from this since that second half, its a slow burner but its starting to feel sweeeet. 

Totally agree [emoji38] Was livid at the end then had to have a word with myself [emoji38]

With the incredible progress of this team over the course of barely over a year, it's easy to forget how little big match experience they have as a group - where the stakes are high and all the marbles are for play.

This game was definitely a timely reminder. I do have faith Howe will learn from this. This will all be character-building for future seasons. This won't be the last final.

Having said that, delighted.

Can’t process it. We’re in a final. We have a chance of winning something. Jesus Christ. Booked a flight to London after the Leicester match but never imagined I would need it. Now I need to figure out where the best place to go as a ticketless joker…whether to take the lad with me. But Jesus Christ what a feeling.

Re Bruno's red, it was mad, I went from thinking it was outrageous that it was even a freekick for a perfectly good tackle, then it just escalated every time I watched it to being like aye fair enough that's a free kick/yellow card/red card