Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

Anything can happen in a final.

Everything is slightly different. Alot of people saying we won't beat Man Utd if we play like that second half but that means nothing. It's a completely different game, different circumstances, I'd say it's a 50/50 game.

Bookie will have Man Utd as favourites but I reckon its going to be a close one.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Anything can happen in a final.

Everything is slightly different. Alot of people saying we won't beat Man Utd if we play like that second half but that means nothing. It's a completely different game, different circumstances, I'd say it's a 50/50 game.

Bookie will have Man Utd as favourites but I reckon its going to be a close one.

Yep, this is it.  Man Utd will be slight favourites which I think is about right - but we’re not exactly underdogs.  It’s a completely open final this one

19 minutes ago, worthy said:

Bittersweet feeling, over the moon with getting in to a final. But Bruno G out next game and with our weak as shit bench and backup players to choose from, it feels rough.

We’ve won games without Bruno before. We’ll be ok. 

Something that's occurred to me (and it might have been mentioned already), I assume us getting to the final gives us an extra opportunity to be in Europe next season - not from winning the final but with the other finalist being Man Utd, so as long as they finish in the European places we'd essentially get their spot from the cup if we don't manage it ourselves? All in all, we should be in Europe next season unless something drastic happens.

Just now, LV said:

We’ve won games without Bruno before. We’ll be ok. 

It gives us a chance to get Joelinton back in the middle and an actual attacking player wide left, of course we will miss Bruno but it’s balanced out a little I think.

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Something that's occurred to me (and it might have been mentioned already), I assume us getting to the final gives us an extra opportunity to be in Europe next season - not from winning the final but with the other finalist being Man Utd, so as long as they finish in the European places we'd essentially get their spot from the cup if we don't manage it ourselves? All in all, we should be in Europe next season unless something drastic happens.

No. Only a win. Fa cup aye.