Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Aye the atmosphere was shite again sadly. I went for a piss around the 35 minute mark and there was loads stood with pints watching the match on the tele. What’s the point in going? Loads asked me if I could help get a ticket, some who haven’t missed a home game all season.

Got to accept that there’s too many day trippers in our ranks. 

Why are you going for a piss after 35 mins? You are part of the problem.

Just now, petenufc1985 said:

Why are you going for a piss after 35 mins? You are part of the problem.

Haha a was thinking it's abit of a liberty hes calling people out when he's down there himself like. Even the bairn can manage 45 minutes without going ffs

I’m fucking shit drunk in a random bar in Montreal. I just want you all to know I love y’all. We’ve been through a lot as supporters of this club..we deserve this. Have a drink for me

1 hour ago, petenufc1985 said:

I was up in level 7 next to the away fans.

Really hope it felt like a good atmosphere at pitch level cos it didn't feel like a semi final.atmosphere up there.

It was crap tbh.

Very harsh 

Fantastic result and great to be in a final! We beat three Prem teams, one who knocked out the favourites, so it's a great achievement. What a year!

Great first half, with two fantastic goals, but also the most viciously punished loose pass of the season. The second half was quite nervy, in spite of us being two up at home with our great defensive record. It felt like the old feelings of disbelief creeping back in. If we do become more established, such nerves and collective bad memories will surely dissipate and we'll be in a better mental space that does not get red cards with 15 minutes to go. Along with Isak concussion, Bruno's suspension probably means we'll see more of Gordon and/or Maxi than would have happened, so I hope they can take the opportunity presented to them.

It would normally be "Can't wait for the final!" but we're also competing at the top of the league, so in this case, there are three games to look forward to before it. HWL!