Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

6 hours ago, huss9 said:

[emoji38] mate, you werent lookng at the carnage behind you, including us - people were getting missed by inches and were having to duck and weave. am sure at least one person got flicked on the head.

Haha, I hope no one was hurt anyways. Just wanted the ground to get on its feet, was the last 5mins of a huge win and felt flat to me

6 hours ago, rickyprickles said:

This has always been the case. Was more understandable when things were shite as the match did usually be the worst part of the day. But I will never understand the fuckers who show up late for the match, away down for a pint 10 minutes before half-time, back late from half-time then leave early. What is the point in going? 

Cunts were still coming back from HT on 55 minutes where I was.  Fucking infuriating.

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Didn’t notice Armstrong’s marking for our first goal until just now [emoji38]

He was really bad last night, he did that several times, and then their was the missed one on one, was almost like he was a secret agent or something :lol:

Sorry but completely underwhelmed by this. To me the Carabao cup is a tin pot cup where most of the top 6 play their second string in the early rounds. I can't see us beating a full strength Man u in the final either. The only hope is that they target a top 4 slot and play a weakened side, but even then they have strength in ddepth so I can't get carried away when the likely outcome is yet another cup final defeat. Sorry but just being realistic!!

3 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Sorry but completely underwhelmed by this. To me the Carabao cup is a tin pot cup where most of the top 6 play their second string in the early rounds. I can't see us beating a full strength Man u in the final either. The only hope is that they target a top 4 slot and play a weakened side, but even then they have strength in ddepth so I can't get carried away when the likely outcome is yet another cup final defeat. Sorry but just being realistic!!

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Damn bro, that's crazy. Who asked? 

1 minute ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Think you'll get battered for this post :lol:

But I see where you are coming from.  It isn't a big trophy, yeah.  But it is a trophy.  And we don't seem to have any from recent times.  We should cherish the chance to win it.

And of course we can beat Manchester.  They'll rightly be favourites, given the billions of pounds they've spent on that squad, but Howe and the lads have proven that they can go toe to toe with anyone.  We're in it to win it.

4 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

:boomboom:

Man City have won 6 of the last 9, with the other three winners being ManU, Chelsea, and Liverpool.

Just watch the players, fans and managers in any of the finals.

We're probably going to be playing 3rd/4th placed ManU.

We haven't won a domestic trophy since 1955.

The reason it's going to be hard to beat ManU is because they're going to really want to win it too.

We played a second string in the early FA Cup round.

it's not the most prestigious trophy but the idea that it's a 'tinpot' trophy is just not born out by reality.

Cannot fathom anyone living their life as a Newcastle fan all these years and turning their nose up at the League Cup.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

7 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

What the fuck have you had for breakfast?

12 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Gan flush yersell down the bog