Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

3 hours ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Before we were down to ten men our arses went and we were sitting deep and long balling for dear life.

the occasion got to them. Hopefully it doesn’t in the final.

Not slating anyone. We are in the final. That’s what matters.

Two legged semi finals do funny things though. When they scored all of a sudden there was a thing to lose and I think that mindset filtered through to all of us and the players (even me sitting at home). The final, hopefully is a bit different, go there, go to win, nothing to lose, put it all on the line and be aggressive. Think it suits our mentality tbh.

We lost our attacking fluidity but apart from the Armstrong chance they didn’t carve any real opportunities or moments to score.

I think there was a feeling that if they got another goal, even a slightly freakish one like the Adams goal, we might crumble despite the form all season telling you otherwise.

It wouldn't surprise me if Howe's instructions at half time were to just kill the game dead but a combination of the occasion and Southampton showing a little more led to some nerves and scrappy play. But despite that there was only the Armstrong chance that they threatened with really. I reckon it would seem comfortable viewing if you watched it as a neutral

10 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Barcelona Real Madrid et al and table topping Leeds United were happy to compete for

Just enjoy it ffs. Might not be the biggest trophy. Fact is we’ve not won anything since that Fairs Cup. Just be grateful you have a chance to see the club potentially win something again which looked as far away as it gets a year ago and if nothing else just be happy for those players who’ve been giving it their all this season 

Could not get a ticket for last nights game, but would really like to get one for my ongoing collection. Excellent condition if possible. If anyone can help would be really appreciative. My email address is [email protected]  

Would happily pay a decent amount for it. 

Looking for a paper ticket, not a print at home one.

Thanks very much.

6 hours ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Sorry but completely underwhelmed by this. To me the Carabao cup is a tin pot cup where most of the top 6 play their second string in the early rounds. I can't see us beating a full strength Man u in the final either. The only hope is that they target a top 4 slot and play a weakened side, but even then they have strength in ddepth so I can't get carried away when the likely outcome is yet another cup final defeat. Sorry but just being realistic!!

who is this one? What a pile of utter shite

12 hours ago, petenufc1985 said:

I was up in level 7 next to the away fans.

Really hope it felt like a good atmosphere at pitch level cos it didn't feel like a semi final.atmosphere up there.

It was crap tbh.

I must have been to a different game , it was buzzing 

1 hour ago, NOTTSMAGPIE said:

Could not get a ticket for last nights game, but would really like to get one for my ongoing collection. Excellent condition if possible. If anyone can help would be really appreciative. My email address is [email protected]  

Would happily pay a decent amount for it. 

Looking for a paper ticket, not a print at home one.

Thanks very much.

You can have mine, if we lose the final. 

Well now I’m sober , what a fucking night .

Ive been to many home games but that one was the best for me since Barcelona for the occasion and atmosphere.

Fucking loved it and we were on fire in that first half . Gutted to not be going to the final , what a team , what a manager , what a city I come from . :indi:

I don't know whether it was nervous tension, but it seemed a strange old atmosphere on the box. It sounded absolutely electric before Adams bagged and towards the end, when progression looked secured. In between there were audible moans and groans on a backdrop of Southampton belting out their greatest hits.