Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

FWIW when I change my sound settings to Sport on my telly it always sounds much better. I think SJP is really badly mic'd in terms of capturing the atmosphere tbh, possibly to limit the amount of swearing you'd hear. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, petenufc1985 said:

Probably, criminal they didn't resell them to home fans really with the demand.

I know what you mean but they only returned them when the majority had been sold so fairly impossible to be resold and maintain segregation. 

I think Southampton overestimated their own fans demand / optimism 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I don't know whether it was nervous tension, but it seemed a strange old atmosphere on the box. It sounded absolutely electric before Adams bagged and towards the end, when progression looked secured. In between there were audible moans and groans on a backdrop of Southampton belting out their greatest hits. 

I was baffled by it mate, nobody really seemed "up for it" at all other than for a few minutes after each goal, and then the last 10 minutes of the match.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone has to be stood on their seat and screaming all game, but there was complete silence from the overwhelming majority for a hell of a lot of the match. And apparently the only song that people will join in with now is that bastard Bruno in the middle :lol:

Just noticed something that I think sums it all up. 

That second goal, probably my favourite goal of the season, a goal that followed some excellent free-flowing football and movement that I haven't seen in a Newcastle team for decades.

Willock, Joelinton, Almiron, Longstaff.

All of them Ashley-era signings. What Eddie's done with this squad is unbelievable. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

I hope it was no-one on here but, about 3 or 4 rows in front of me in the East Stand a lad, looked around late 20's early 30's, projectile vomited the most disgusting gooey, cider stinking vomit with bits of food all over the poor old fella in front of him.  The poor old bloke was drenched all down the back of his head and back of his coat, he went fuckin crazy....  as anyone would....

It even got onto the people either side and the woman sitting on the row in front of the old fella....

If it was someone on here you should be massively ashamed of yourself.  Absolutely vile and rotten!!

8 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

I hope it was no-one on here but, about 3 or 4 rows in front of me in the East Stand a lad, looked around late 20's early 30's, projectile vomited the most disgusting gooey, cider stinking vomit with bits of food all over the poor old fella in front of him.  The poor old bloke was drenched all down the back of his head and back of his coat, he went fuckin crazy....  as anyone would....

It even got onto the people either side and the woman sitting on the row in front of the old fella....

If it was someone on here you should be massively ashamed of yourself.  Absolutely vile and rotten!!

Jesus :doh:

There’s some right tits about like. Clearly cannot handle his drink. Must have been hammering it all day to be in that state? Most folks wouldn’t have got into town until 5/6pm after work I’d  imagine, unless he consumed a ridiculous amount of 2L strongbow bottles in 2-3 hours.

11 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

Worst of all, I bet he never sang all game.

4 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

I know what you mean but they only returned them when the majority had been sold so fairly impossible to be resold and maintain segregation. 

I think Southampton overestimated their own fans demand / optimism 

People throw the one club City at us re our crowds, but Southampton and Portsmouth are one Club cities with mediocre support. 

13 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

Reminds me of the time at a game in the 90s, some bloke behind me was yelling and screaming about something, face the colour of blancmange and accidently gobbed a big lump of phlegm onto the shoulder of the fella in front of him (two long from me). Not nearly as bad but still makes me queasy to think about it :icon_puke_r:

Quote NE27

"Worst of all, I bet he never sang all game."

Haha, to be honest I didnt notice him before he threw up, I spent the whole game tutting at people for standing up while singing "Stand up if you love ....." to notice......  You know, like a proper East Stand Dweller!!  

Edited by pinkeye

4 hours ago, TheDimpleboy said:

I was baffled by it mate, nobody really seemed "up for it" at all other than for a few minutes after each goal, and then the last 10 minutes of the match.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone has to be stood on their seat and screaming all game, but there was complete silence from the overwhelming majority for a hell of a lot of the match. And apparently the only song that people will join in with now is that bastard Bruno in the middle :lol:

I was absolutely shiting myself for 90 minutes and any noise I made was just an outburst when something happened. Probably the same for a lot of people.

I find something irrationally annoying about Graeme Jones. He always makes sure the camera can see him. I think it was the Gordon video where you could see him checking if the camera was looking at him. Definetly the type of bloke who speaks up at meeting because he likes the sound of his own voice.

Edited by The Prophet

I was pretty quiet all game, felt terrible until I spewed up 6 pints of cider and a bag of chips all over the poor bastard in front of me.  Felt much better afterwards barring some simple looking twat giving me hacky looks and tutting every time somebody stood up to sing “stand up I’d you love the toon”. Miserable bastard. 

1 hour ago, pinkeye said:

I saw a dude do that to an old fella in Las Vegas. Old guy standing in the  bathroom and a guy came running in and absolutely nailed him in the back. It was about 10am so he probably had 4 hours before he could get his room. Guy kept saying to his friend. He barfed on me, he barfed on me.

1 hour ago, pinkeye said:

Why on earth would you just sit there and barf ffs. If you're going to be sick surely your first thought is to head to the bog??