[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

I've got a fair chance of getting tickets and booked hotel and trains accordingly.

If I don't get a ticket, I'm still going because I'm all booked up. I've also got my lad with me and it's his birthday and I've never been to the capital so I'm not staying back at home.

I've booked 2 nights too. Making it worth while.

12 minutes ago, Big River said:

London, for me. you can watch the match in Newcastle any time. not often you can be part of a Trafalgar Square takeover

Aye same for me booked our hotel and train weeks ago. Load of us going down staying in Shoreditch and fought many of us will get tickets. 

12 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Really hope people don’t head to London en masse without tickets. Regardless of result doubt it’ll end well. It would be much better/more meaningful to be in Newcastle and share the experience that way.  It is not like you’re going to see anything to do with the game itself and could just be massively frustrating being so close but excluded. 

Why? I really don’t get that. You just stay home and let other people enjoy themselves bloody misery 😂

Just now, STM said:

Can't wait for the outrage when there loads of cans left over at trafalgar Square and rumblings of the odd scrap.[emoji38]

I will take my swimming trunks and a towel have a paddle in the fountain 😂😂 (I won’t I’m 43 and can’t be arsed with that before people have a hissy fit)

25 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Here's the big question though. If you're not going to the match, do you go into town or go to London?

I think it's one of those ones where you wish you could be in both places at once. 

We've got a hotel booked for London but I think were gonna sack it off and watch it here

25 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Here's the big question though. If you're not going to the match, do you go into town or go to London?

I think it's one of those ones where you wish you could be in both places at once. 

See I was 100% thinking town but after the match last night it was absolutely dead. I know it was a work night but places like the Old George had stopped serving by half 10 for fucks sake :lol:

Depends what's on offer. A SJP beamback would be the dream ticket.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

We've got a hotel booked for London but I think were gonna sack it off and watch it here

eh how come? just feel like town will be a bit of an anti-climax with everyone split over the many pubs/bars.

plus it's a Sunday, so people will be off home for work the next day.

it's a massive occasion and should be treated as such, the usual match day routine will not suffice!

for me, anyway :lol: people should do whatever they bloody well like.

24 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Really hope people don’t head to London en masse without tickets. Regardless of result doubt it’ll end well. It would be much better/more meaningful to be in Newcastle and share the experience that way.  It is not like you’re going to see anything to do with the game itself and could just be massively frustrating being so close but excluded. 

Yep. I’m going to try to head up to Newcastle just to be amongst it. No idea where to watch or where to go though! 

2 minutes ago, Big River said:

eh how come? just feel like town will be a bit of an anti-climax with everyone split over the many pubs/bars.

Yeah, hopefully theres a big screen or something. I just think with the last train being 7.30ish itll be tight getting back, especially if it goes to ET and Pens. Cant stay over the Sunday either because one of the lads is a teacher and cant get the Monday off. 

4 minutes ago, Big River said:

When we win people will be out on the streets surely?

45 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

London for me personally. Maybe start a poll on here. Toon or London?

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think I would stay in Newcastle if I don't get a ticket.

Ive a good chance of getting a ticket and debating whether to go or not. I've been three times to the old Wembley and was a bit "is that all there is". Throw in not getting to Newcastle until the early hours or the next day.... I remember the night after we nearly won the title and Newcastle, my Newcastle, was amazing, so good that I thought if we ever win something I have to be here, not Trafalgar square or wherever.

52 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Ironically there will be more arseholes in the town working themselves. Just have to look what derby days started getting like. People who don't like football out treating it like they're at the grand national dressed up to the nines

The more the merrier down there for me.proper geordie takeover

2 hours ago, petenufc1985 said:

Toon if no ticket, being down there without a ticket would be shite if we lose.

Its a point like. A real conundrum. The reason I considered going to 00 & 04 if we had got there without a ticket was predicated on not wanting to be anywhere else when we finally won something and I fancied us. This is our best chance in a final since 76 though I still think 40/60 against.

2 hours ago, Pilko said:

See I was 100% thinking town but after the match last night it was absolutely dead. I know it was a work night but places like the Old George had stopped serving by half 10 for fucks sake :lol:

Depends what's on offer. A SJP beamback would be the dream ticket.

Yep, the one's I've been to were surprisingly good so wouldn't be sniffy about that.

Platinum Club 93-96 and the mackems at the arena in 96.  The Man United 94/95 beamback at the ground didn't seem to work.