[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Cup final against Man Utd, fucking magic. Genuinely wouldn't want it to be anyone else. Promises to be an incredible occasion. 

I think we'll win; it just feels like our moment. I know they're on their longest run without a trophy since the seventies or whatever but I still think we'll want it more. 

Looking forward to it. 

As with Australia in cricket, seeing them dominate the league combined with their pathetic on-field behaviour when growing up means I can't imagine a team I'd like to beat more than this lot to end our drought. So I see it as the ideal final, and hopefully we'll manage to outnumber them at Wembley.

Judging from their facebook, the people who do the central park fanzone for the world cups etc are doing one for the final. Also seen wylam brewery selling tickets already for showing it in their main hall. I would love to see something done at SJP personally. 

Said from the start, Manu is better for us as we're the underdogs. We can sit back and be happy to defend and hit them on the counter, force a few mistakes. I've not been impressed with us for some time in games where we should win. 

I don't really expect us to win, but I hope (and expect) us to give it a bloody good go. I can't just 'expect' silverware, it's just not something that happens to us, but if it does.... if it does, man. High intentions, low expectations.

Edited by elbee909

13 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Said from the start, Manu is better for us as we're the underdogs. We can sit back and be happy to defend and hit them on the counter, force a few mistakes. I've not been impressed with us for some time in games where we should win. 

That's just not how we play under Eddie though. There's been a few occasions where we've been forced into sitting deeper in the second half (Man City at home and Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U away to an extent), but we've never gone into a game with the plan being sitting back and hit on the counter. We'll go to the final looking to beat them by playing our own game. 

We have the defence and power in our side including midfield to knock them over. Everyone will have to be on their game though. The key selection I think will be the front 3 and what he goes for. I’d be tempted by an Isak, Wilson, Miggy or Willock, Isak, Miggy if Wilson still bang out of form but then I’m not manager 😂 

I think Isak if he plays really could be the one who swings it for us though. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

56 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Red Cafe are so arrogant. 

Blimey just had a look at their League Cup final thread and it's actually a bit deranged.

This run of form they're on has reminded me how much I can't stand them. Been a joke for the last few years, but a few good results and the unbelievable arrogance of the fans and media bumlicking is back with a vengeance.

49 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

If we play we like we did in the 2nd half. God help us. 

More likely to play like we did in the first half.

Second half yesterday was the 4th half of a two legged tie, two goal up, consolidation it looked like.