[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Literally every Man United fan I know thinks they’ll win.

(I only know one)

:lol: Literally every one I know is concerned about fatigue and coming up against your press.

(I know lots)

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

:lol: Literally every one I know is concerned about fatigue and coming up against your press.

(I know lots)

I think it is a winnable game. I can’t actually vividly picture us winning it. Confident we’ll turn up to this one and that the occasion won’t get to the inexperienced within the team. Here’s hoping for a great spectacle and may the least successful team win! 

I think we can win, but as far as an actual prediction goes I can't call it. We're two relatively evenly matched teams who are only separated by goal difference in the league, the winner will be whoever holds their never on the big occasion. 

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

(I know lots)

Fatigue or Casemiro not being fit an available are your two main obstacles iro the final.

I'd love to be wrong but I think Man Utd at Wembley will be a bridge too far for this team. Hope we give you a proper game this time though.

Whatever happens in this game, the feeling around this final is so much different than 98 and 99. Back then it was clear we were on the way down. Getting to two finals in a row was remarkable in itself, but each one had the feeling of 'we will need a massive bit of luck to  even have a chance'.

This one feels so much better. Partly because (whilst we're underdogs) I do give us a very legit chance of winning. But mainly because, whatever happens, this should become more and more of a regular thing. If the worse happens and it doesn't go our way, I really don't think we'll be waiting another 24 years for a crack at another cup final. If things keep going the way they're going there will likely be more in the next 3/4 years. I have a quiet theory in my head that we're making the final of the Europa League next season for example :laugh2:.

All that being said. I think I'd give my left arm to beat the bastards. 

Man Utd's form seems to be what rightly concerns us but over the last year our form is outrageous. We'll have Bruno back after an enforced but well earned rest, they are missing Ericsson and play more games including Barca 2nd leg several days before having to face the hungriest, highest intensity team in this country. We'll do this.

Ps yeah I'm shitting it still too.

Eriksen missing is huge. He's one their more press resistant players.

Presumably Fred or McTominay will come in, which gives us an advantage in midfield.

Rashford and Antony are the issue, we need Almiron and Joelinton doing the hard yards to keep them quiet.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Eriksen missing is huge. He's one their more press resistant players.

Presumably Fred or McTominay will come in, which gives us an advantage in midfield.

Rashford and Antony are the issue, we need Almiron and Joelinton doing the hard yards to keep them quiet.

they'll bring the new lad from bayern munich in imo.

This is from someone on Facebook who apparently has a mate in the box office so obviously not sure whether its bollocks or not...

Wembley tickets:

Period 1: Season ticket holders with 25+ loyalty points AND have attended at least one Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign.

Tickets on sale from: Monday 6 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Tuesday 7 February at 8am

Period 2: Season ticket holders that have attended four home and at least one of the away Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign.

Tickets on sale from: Tuesday 7 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Wednesday 8 February at 8am

Period 3: Season ticket holders that have attended three or four home Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign

Tickets on sale from: Wednesday 8 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Thursday 9 February at 8am

Period 4: Season ticket holders that have attended one or two home Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign

Ballot opens: Thursday 9 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Friday 10 February at 8am

Successful applications notified by: 5pm on Tuesday 14 February

Period 5: Season ticket holders that have not attended a Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign

Ballot opens: Friday 10 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Saturday 11 February at 8am

Period 6: Members that have attended at least one home Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign 

Ballot opens: Saturday 11 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Sun 12 February at 8am

If we get a rumoured 32k allocation I would feel pretty confident to get tickets as I have 3 season tickets and bought home tickets to all but, one of the round matches. Only missed Leicester home because I forgot to order tickets during Xmas/ new year holidays. Fingers crossed....   

Looks like I am tier 3....   hmm...   hoping!

Edited by pinkeye

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

This is from someone on Facebook who apparently has a mate in the box office so obviously not sure whether its bollocks or not...

Wembley tickets:

Period 1: Season ticket holders with 25+ loyalty points AND have attended at least one Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign.

Tickets on sale from: Monday 6 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Tuesday 7 February at 8am

Period 2: Season ticket holders that have attended four home and at least one of the away Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign.

Tickets on sale from: Tuesday 7 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Wednesday 8 February at 8am

Period 3: Season ticket holders that have attended three or four home Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign

Tickets on sale from: Wednesday 8 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Thursday 9 February at 8am

Period 4: Season ticket holders that have attended one or two home Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign

Ballot opens: Thursday 9 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Friday 10 February at 8am

Period 5: Season ticket holders that have not attended a Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign

Ballot opens: Friday 10 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Saturday 11 February at 8am

Period 6: Members that have attended at least one home Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign 

Ballot opens: Saturday 11 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Sun 12 February at 8am

ive been sent that as well

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

(I know lots)

i live in Manchester, i'v been told 'you've got no chance' twice this morning already.