[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

44 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

1998 and 1999 cup finals for anyone that fancies some torture. Battered in both. Too young to remember anything but the goals but it surely feels different this time. Even looking at he teams. 

It hurt enough the first time round. 

We were shit in both finals. 

Online (I know!) Man u supporters are unwavering in their belief they'll walk this, I think we have a chance but I'm keeping my head down, I am far from confident, it might be 24 years but I'm still scarred from the 2 back to back no shows in the FA Cup finals. I am more confident than I was then, we are extremely hard to break down but Man u are on fire at the moment, especially Casemiro and Rashford and might be too much for us, whereas we don't seem to be firing on all cylinders recently. It's going to be a tough watch.

10 minutes ago, Scoot said:

This is from someone on Facebook who apparently has a mate in the box office so obviously not sure whether its bollocks or not...

Wembley tickets:

Period 1: Season ticket holders with 25+ loyalty points AND have attended at least one Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign.

Tickets on sale from: Monday 6 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Tuesday 7 February at 8am

Period 2: Season ticket holders that have attended four home and at least one of the away Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign.

Tickets on sale from: Tuesday 7 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Wednesday 8 February at 8am

Period 3: Season ticket holders that have attended three or four home Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign

Tickets on sale from: Wednesday 8 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Thursday 9 February at 8am

Period 4: Season ticket holders that have attended one or two home Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign

Ballot opens: Thursday 9 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Friday 10 February at 8am

Successful applications notified by: 5pm on Tuesday 14 February

Period 5: Season ticket holders that have not attended a Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign

Ballot opens: Friday 10 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Saturday 11 February at 8am

Period 6: Members that have attended at least one home Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign 

Ballot opens: Saturday 11 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Sun 12 February at 8am

So I know it's still guess work but if thats fake someone has put a lot of effort into it lol.

My concern is I qualify for the first period but my two sons don't have the points.

Do I wait until Period 3 or wave to them from a different part of the stadium??

12 minutes ago, Scoot said:

This is from someone on Facebook who apparently has a mate in the box office so obviously not sure whether its bollocks or not...

Wembley tickets:

Period 1: Season ticket holders with 25+ loyalty points AND have attended at least one Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign.

Tickets on sale from: Monday 6 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Tuesday 7 February at 8am

Period 2: Season ticket holders that have attended four home and at least one of the away Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign.

Tickets on sale from: Tuesday 7 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Wednesday 8 February at 8am

Period 3: Season ticket holders that have attended three or four home Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign

Tickets on sale from: Wednesday 8 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Thursday 9 February at 8am

Period 4: Season ticket holders that have attended one or two home Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign

Ballot opens: Thursday 9 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Friday 10 February at 8am

Period 5: Season ticket holders that have not attended a Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign

Ballot opens: Friday 10 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Saturday 11 February at 8am

Period 6: Members that have attended at least one home Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign 

Ballot opens: Saturday 11 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Sun 12 February at 8am

Looks like bollocks imo. I’d be surprised the shit ticketing system we use has that capability but you never know, Jan might have done some upgrades. 

Some on RedCafe aren’t confident, but more because we’re apparently going to cheat, the refs hate them, the media hate them, and their brand of free flowing, beautiful football isn’t well suited to our turgid PFM dross.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Some on RedCafe aren’t confident, but more because we’re apparently going to cheat, the refs hate them, the media hate them, and their brand of free flowing, beautiful football isn’t well suited to our turgid PFM dross.

If refs hate them, and refs hate us, it will be an interesting one :lol: 

Bizarre bunch, I don’t know of a club in England that’s had more decisions go for them than Man U. The media is normally queueing up with bottles of lube and they’re not exactly free flowing, Rashford has scored a bunch of outstanding individual goals and Bruno’s chipped in too. They’re a good side that are very solid and so are we. It really just depends on how well we’re both set up on the day and whether we or they take their chances 

Most forums RTG aside are nearly always the same. A mixture of 1. level-headed people who give credit where it's due, and 2. people confidently talking diarrhea about other teams, about how they're uniquely shat on by borderline corrupt officials, how the media/everyone hates us, how another team are media darlings, how another team are habitually lucky, and how they've looked on another team's forum and they're ALL person 2. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Pre World Cup, I'd have been way more confident. However now they're in good form, scoring goals, and just generally loads better than they were. It's going to be difficult. Not impossible, and the lads will be well up for it. But we better hope Longstaff can keep finishing those chances he seems to find himself in. 

Newcastle have scored more goals than Man Utd in the league (33vs32), have higher xG (37.34vs33.06) and have more shots and dribbles per game. Newcastle have also been booked 36 times versus Man Utd's 50 bookings.

Which team is the boring defensive anti-football team? 

Should be a good and even game if our players can handle the pressure of a final. Can see our high press causing you some problems while you obviously have more quality all around. Also hope both teams can avoid injuries in the run up. It really should be a good game and amazing atmosphere, can't wait for it.

Damn, this kid's good