[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Exactly. Every single thing mentioned in that post applies to the Man United ten fold. They pioneered selling their soul and Fergie is the biggest shithouse manager of all time, who defended his players and club to the hilt. They're blind or ignorant. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

It's pretty fucking rich that fans of teams owned by billionaires who have effectively formed a cartel are crying because an even richer billionarie has come along to 'ruin the game' [emoji38]

More hilarious considering our fairly modest spending and the insane amounts of money they've spent.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I used to like Newcastle but they represent everything wrong with the modern game, sold their soul, and have a shithouse manager that preaches cheating. Feck them and everything they stand for.

This will definitely change once the day comes but I'm more relaxed about us not winning this with the thought that this is just the start for us. Unless something goes drastically wrong with the ownership, I don't think we'll be waiting another couple of decades to reach the next final.

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

If we're holding a one goal lead and they break away in the last minute I'd want any of our players to do the same tbh.

Before that? No.  Now?  Probably, I'll concede.  I'll point back to that to justify it.

It was 0-0 at the time of that happening fwiw.

Edited by Sima

There was a funny discussion on twitter regarding Dubravaka, that he was sent by us as an agent to get us insights about Ten Haag's tactics for this moment. the paradox in this is that If we win, he will get nothing but if Man Utd win, he will get a cup winners medal :lol:

13 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

If we're holding a one goal lead and they break away in the last minute I'd want any of our players to do the same tbh.

Fergie was furious with him for that. 

We ended up losing the title by a point that season. The Solskjaer tackle was my 9th birthday. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, duo said:

I don't get the fascination with standing personally. It's not going to increase capacity.

Massively improves the atmosphere. Take it you don’t go to away games or are not seated in the Strawberry Corner of SJP?

Edited by LFEE