[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

7 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Theres more allocation than there is ST holders, so counting out those ST holders that wont go, if you have an ST and want a ticket you'll get one. 

There’s around 35k season ticket holders (at least according to the Chronicle here: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-carabao-cup-final-ticket-26137519.amp ). Last year, Liverpool got 32,999 and Chelsea got 33,053.

edit- cut and paste some of the link for those that don’t want to click:

“Despite its huge capacity, however, many Newcastle fans are fretting over whether they can get a ticket for the Carabao Cup Final against Manchester United. The Magpies are likely to get approximately 32,000-33,000 tickets allocated, and with a monumental fanbase clamouring to see Eddie Howe’s men hopefully raise their first domestic trophy in 68 years, they could sell that number twice over.

The thorny issue of how the club allocates those tickets has sparked huge debate online. While Newcastle haven’t officially revealed how many season ticket holders they have this year, estimates suggest it is around 35,000, meaning there could be some disappointed fans who miss out on the game.“

Edited by Manxst

So there'll be about 15000 in period 1, if they all went to one cup game, an additional 2000 in period 2 potentially for thr tranmere allocation, though some of them will be in period 1 also.

So there should be a good 10/12000 for period 3....the fact it doesn't mention a ballot for that makes me think they have enough for period 3 to all get one but we'll see

Just now, Hovagod said:

Is this confirmed? I’ve looked for season ticket numbers but can’t find out how many we have anywhere 

30K ST holders according to Chron journo Charlie Bennett on twitter. 

Anyway, 32K allocation in a 90K stadium is a joke. Fuck corporate. 

10 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Really harsh on people like matey up there with 90 points but no cup games. Think phase one should have included anybody above fifty points 

I think having bought a ticket to a cup game is fine a minimum eligibility criteria tbf. Appreciate that this won’t be popular with ST holders that can’t/wouldn’t go but I wouldn’t say it’s really harsh.

28 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

Considering Red Cafes name of us in their thread title: "Saudi Athletico Arabia", can we please retaliate with an appropriate name?

It's like nobody watches us play football and just think we waste time and roll around the floor. 

Jog on. I hope we fooking dick them, I can't stand their self righteous entitlement. 

They'll be owned by a state soon and I will rain down on them with all the shit they've given us! 

On RAWK I've seen them calling us "Death Star FC" and Eddie is "Grand Moff Howe". :lol:

1 minute ago, christ said:

I think having bought a ticket to a cup game is fine a minimum eligibility criteria tbf. Appreciate that this won’t be popular with ST holders that can’t/wouldn’t go but I wouldn’t say it’s really harsh.

The thing is, we know now. So season ticket holders will just snap up every cup game ticket from now on. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Anyway, 32K allocation in a 90K stadium is a joke. Fuck corporate. 

Was just coming here to say the same. Obviously not a situation we've experienced but 32k in a 90k is frustratingly and predictably low. 

I almost daren't ask but I assume ManU got the same?

If it sells out on these three tranches my decision on whether to go or not will have been made for me.

How they've decided to do it seems fair enough to me.

Edited by madras

Just now, Yorkie said:

Was just coming here to say the same. Obviously not a situation we've experienced but 32k in a 90k is frustratingly and predictably low. 

I almost daren't ask but I assume ManU got the same?

Yeah

20 minutes ago, kenlau88210 said:

Guys, is livefootballtickets the best place to get a ticket for a non-ST holder? Any other sites better?

Not sure they're the best place to use but just fyi have used livefootballtickets for England games 3-4 times and always been very smooth with no issues.

Edited by mondonewc

39 minutes ago, SteV said:

Fortunately in Period 1. Realise this is a very ‘first world problem’ in terms of this match, but what’s everyone’s thoughts on which Category to go for? (assuming we get to pick)

That's last seasons final

Hopefully get cat 3 behind the goal me

How many people ya reckons in period one?

Screenshot_20230202_135935_Twitter.jpg

Just had an email, doesn't make it sound like you have a choice of where you're sat... 

Newcastle United have been allocated 32,761 tickets for the West End of Wembley Stadium. Tickets will be sold in order from the North Stand round to the South Stand.

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

Yep - did tell my dad he should have gone up for the semi final!

Any method they used would annoyed someone, but surprised loyalty points don't factor in beyond the first set of tickets.

I’d have put period 1 at 80 plus loyalty points. I have 411 but went to all cup games so doesn’t affect me but know some lads that have been impacted same as you. 

anyone think the Trust / TF lot must have 25 / 26 points….