[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Made my day him not going

I know everybody has their views on how it should have been done, but there was never likely to be a scenario where a member had dibs over a ST holder, regardless of cup game attendance.

I think period 3 should have been for those that have been to 4 games and not 3 or 4 games, but guessing they have done it like that as is enough tickets for everyone in that period. On a side note what are the odds of no email coming through with the link to book?

Edited by Geogaddi

8 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Good question, although I doubt it will get to 4.

I might be very wrong - and maybe worthy of a poll on here to see where people are sat, but empirically 4 will be amongst the largest cohorts. I’d expect there to be good availability in 4. But can’t see it going beyond that.

3 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I think period 3 should have been for those that have been to 4 games and not 3 or 4 games, but guessing they have done it like that as is enough tickets for everyone in that period. On a side note what are the odds of no email coming through with the link to book?

Good point. Everybody needs to be logging on to their accounts and double checking what the registered email is.

I really feel for anyone who’s made cup ticket purchases of any sort this season and might miss out. I know quite a few in this boat. I don’t want to kick you when you are down and I appreciate times are very tough with ticket prices and travel etc but anyone not purchasing a single cup ticket especially with a ST priority access regardless if they could attend or not were running a massive risk in missing out for the sake of £20-80 and having a far better chance.

The ticket process is practically exactly as I predicted in my posts weeks ago based on my theory we have unfortunately more ST holders than 32761 tickets coming our way. If there were less I think they would of went for P1 all STs and P2 onwards Memberships with sliding scale of home cup games attended. Loyalty point where never going to be needed to be particular high and I think the 25 mark was pretty predictable also. 

FA Cup Final allocations are even smaller and with no sign of a ST drop off due to the direction of the club you are going to be left with the choice of buying for the early rounds and either attending or passing on to family or friends as there is going to an almost identical blueprint now going forward for any big neutral ground occasion.

Like we all know and have said no perfect system but I think they have done a very good job in getting as close to as fair as possible. I think if I was being picky I might of had Period 5&6 either the other way round or merged as one.

Good luck to everyone trying 🤞🏻

19 minutes ago, SteV said:

Good point. Everybody needs to be logging on to their accounts and double checking what the registered email is.

I just checked and realised I had all emails about tickets marketing etc turned off ,have set to on now but paranoid it won’t be updated by Wednesday :lol:, I would like to think the usual book.nufc link works anyway without the need for clicking through an email.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Pretty depressing that you can't go and watch your team in a cup final like, but obviously that would require a 200k capacity stadium :lol:

In the current climate it's like being royalty to have a season ticket, amazingly privileged position to be in.

Was the same in the early 90’s and I’m guessing at most major clubs and sports.

I think the biggest frustration as a fan is this was always know as the peoples cup yet I still think the direct allocation for both teams is a few thousand short of what it should be. On the other hand after seeing that diagram Club Wembley really do lock out a lot of seats for themselves to use/sell independently. Thought it was just either side of trophy area that you normally see returning late from HT but they’ve a whole circular tier also.

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Cundy manages the near-impossible feat of being more loathsome that his rent-a-gob ex wife.

He’s fine. Just having a wind up. You can almost see his tongue in his cheek. I thought it was funny 🙂

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Fuming with myself, didn't attend a cup home or away game this season, had my email, and it looks like I'm not eligible in the 7 periods :angry:

What have they sent emails out, im cat 1 but not recieved one?

24 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I've got tickets for me and my 7 year old!!!!! Managed to get them via work (who have a box... boxes have been offered their tickets already earlier today).

Absolutely on the ceiling!!! 🥳

So deserved after all your loyalty through the Bruce years!

Here for the safety wink?

Spoiler

:tino:

11 minutes ago, JG39 said:

Im in period 3, do yous think I’m guaranteed one with the ballot starting at 4? 

I'm the same and initially I thought so.

But thinking about it now I'm not sure, we've got a good chance but I'm pretty sure it will sell out in period 3 so could be iffy.

There's about 13000 fans with 25 points and above and then couple that with period 2 which might take a few hundred more, I'm anticipating there'll be about 14000 sold in them sale periods.

So when you discount corporate I would imagine that leaves around 12000 tickets left for period 3 and I would safely assume more than 12000 fit the criteria so it'll be touch and go

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

I'd guess outside the first two periods you'll be lucky to get one.

Just hoping they open up St James Park and we can all pile in,seems the next best thing to missing out.

I'd just be happy to be in that atmosphere. 

We've had two away games, 1850 fan at Tranmere and 3200 at Southampton. So thats 5k tickets gone, if those who went to the away games have 25 points or went to all thw home games. Then how many ST holders have 25 points? Even if its 15k, that still leaves 10,000 tickets for block 3. The wording about sale and ballots says to me that, if you're in 1 2 or 3 you will get a ticket if you want one.