[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Nothing that I'm sure hasn't been said before I'm sure, but it reads to me as if the first 3 pots are bankers, 4 will probably be balloted and the rest are probably out of luck! Unless, as SteV says, they're holding back nominal amounts for people in the remaining pots (as they do with general sale tickets).

Just now, TheGuv said:

As a pot 6 I would love that. I just can’t see it personally. 

It just seems to me that we all know if they don’t hold any back, they sell out before pot 6. So what was the point of having that pot? PR to make it seem like they were including everyone? 

I don’t know, I just feel like they might hold a small number back to go each of the ballots.

22 minutes ago, SteV said:

It just seems to me that we all know if they don’t hold any back, they sell out before pot 6. So what was the point of having that pot? PR to make it seem like they were including everyone? 

I don’t know, I just feel like they might hold a small number back to go each of the ballots.

Probably just to guard against the unlikely situation that some ST holders don't take up their tickets. Easier to plan it all out under one communication in case there's a few left over. 

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

Depends if it dictates who has first choice in kit selection.

Have they not been allocated as the "home" team, i.e. getting the home dressing room, etc.?

They've had their name first on the billing since qualifying, as Chelsea did last year, and they were the "home team" in the tie.

2 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Just me that finds it annoying their name is first in the fixture?

We got to the final first, should be us imo.

I think they do a draw to determine who gets "Home" advantage, and its not based on who made the final first. 

48 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Yeh don't worry I'm not punching a wall.

Just saying it should be our name first, and I'm correct.

Might just be alphabetical order. Last two years are shown this way around:

2021 Man City 1-0 Spurs

2022 Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool (10-11 pens). 

(can you imagine seeing 22 pens!) 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Might just be alphabetical order. Last two years are shown this way around:

2021 Man City 1-0 Spurs

2022 Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool (10-11 pens). 

(can you imagine seeing 22 pens!) 

I wouldn’t survive 22 pens 

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

Have they not been allocated as the "home" team, i.e. getting the home dressing room, etc.?

They've had their name first on the billing since qualifying, as Chelsea did last year, and they were the "home team" in the tie.

Seemed like we were on the “home” side of the draw up until they got through.

57 minutes ago, SteV said:

Don't really see how they could hold any back really for any pots, imagine you are in say pot 4 and don't get a ticket then you find out someone in pot 6 or 7 has been given one despite going to less games, would be hell on. They obviously have enough for the first 3 pots and then after that they aren't sure so have had to split them all, my guess is looking at demand it will sell out in pot 4.

Edited by Geogaddi

59 minutes ago, SteV said:

Given my vested interest in the allocation reaching pot 6, I'm probably deluding myself, but there must be some people in pots 1 to 6 who can't go and/or don't want to go?  I know it's a cup final, but there's bound to be attrition of some kind.  Or so I keep telling myself...

Not sure if it's the half time pint I've just had or what, but I'm excited as fuck. 

It's going to be a long wait. 

I'm glad Eddie and the lads will be fully focused on the games in between, as I can't think of any other game but this now :lol:

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I wouldn’t survive 22 pens 

Don't want to jinx anything, but if it goes to pens I make us heavy favourites. Pope is decent on pens, and De Gea is shocking on them these days. Before last season he hadn't saved one for 6 years. Remember that Man U/Villareal shootout in the Europa league? Never got close to one. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Don't want to jinx anything, but if it goes to pens I make us heavy favourites. Pope is decent on pens, and De Gea is shocking on them these days. Before last season he hadn't saved one for 6 years. Remember that Man U/Villareal shootout in the Europa league? Never got close to one. 

De Gea won’t be needed if Bruno keeps sending them into orbit like 

7 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Don't really see how they could hold any back really for any pots, imagine you are in say pot 4 and don't get a ticket then you find out someone in pot 6 or 7 has been given one despite going to less games, would be hell on. They obviously have enough for the first 3 pots and then after that they aren't sure so have had to split them all, my guess is looking at demand it will sell out in pot 4.

I agree to an extent, but what chance is there of it going to pot 7 without holding any back? Absolutely none whatsoever. Not even close. They would know that. But they’ve still created the pot…

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

I agree to an extent, but what chance is there of it going to pot 7 without holding any back? Absolutely none whatsoever. Not even close. They would know that. But they’ve still created the pot…

I think they just maybe want to show that they have taken the vast majority of people into consideration when making the pots and in case of the less than 1% chance it got that far, I just don't see how they could possibly give a ticket to someone with a previous purchase history and has attended one game over someone who has a season ticket and has been to two games.