[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

53 minutes ago, Rich said:

Have they not been allocated as the "home" team, i.e. getting the home dressing room, etc.?

They've had their name first on the billing since qualifying, as Chelsea did last year, and they were the "home team" in the tie.

Bookies have them down as home team for what it’s worth 

21 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

As a pot 6'er myself I have resigned myself to watching it in pub somewhere, unless they're holding some back for the ballot stage (which I highly doubt). To be honest, I will be shocked if it gets past pot 3.

Are there really 32.5k people eligible for pots 1-3, all of whom will be going?  I'm not convinced that there will be (but I appreciate you will need to deduct whatever corporate allocation is allotted from the 32.5k number).

Think in future seasons we need to look into the benefits promised to ST holders.

It’s already amazing to have access to every home game, not sure it should necessarily come with automatic first dibs on everything else as well. 

I know it’s conventional that ST holders get everything, but we’re in an environment now where demand is so high that it’s more a privilege than something the club ‘needs’, if that makes sense. We don’t need to encourage ST purchase because they would sell themselves a hundred times over. 

Philosophical question I know.  

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Something needs to be done regarding away tickets/loyalty points but the idea that season ticket holders don’t deserve more than members is bonkers. All seems to come from buying extra home tickets but they’re just buying them as members.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

loads ST holders that went to every cup home game but got group of tickets to sit together but not in their own names.

they're worried about getting tickets.

but tbh most ST holders should be able to get one.

Don’t understand this. Surely regardless at what selling point you buy a cup ticket, your own seat or not you assign it to your membership number so it shoes up in your purchase history?

5 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Something needs to be done regarding away tickets/loyalty points but the idea that season ticket holders don’t deserve more than members is bonkers. All seems to come from buying extra home tickets but they’re just buying them as members.

Why do they deserve more though? My point is that thousands of people would kill for the opportunity to buy a ST. They already have secure tickets to every home game, seems a bit unfair that they also get to monopolise everything else. 

I don't really see a logical argument except "that's how it normally works".

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think in future seasons we need to look into the benefits promised to ST holders.

It’s already amazing to have access to every home game, not sure it should necessarily come with automatic first dibs on everything else as well. 

I know it’s conventional that ST holders get everything, but we’re in an environment now where demand is so high that it’s more a privilege than something the club ‘needs’, if that makes sense. We don’t need to encourage ST purchase because they would sell themselves a hundred times over. 

Philosophical question I know.  

Not really sure what ‘benefits’ they get tbh?

Obviously, being first in line for cup final tickets is the main one, but what’s the alternative?

Away tickets as well, clearly. But whilst some tweaks could be made to our system, there absolutely isn’t a clear alternative that obviously far fairer.

They could look at the being allowed to buy an additional home ticket thing, but if they do, they need to stop making it compulsory for them to pay the members fee.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Not really sure what ‘benefits’ they get tbh?

Obviously, being first in line for cup final tickets is the main one, but what’s the alternative?

Away tickets as well, clearly. But whilst some tweaks could be made to our system, there absolutely isn’t a clear alternative that obviously far fairer.

They could look at the being allowed to buy an additional home ticket thing, but if they do, they need to stop making it compulsory for them to pay the members fee.

Well yeah, the benefit being extra tickets, the only people who can go to away games, the only people who have a chance of going to cup finals. Guess European tickets will go the same way. On top of the amazing basic benefit which is automatic access to every home game. 

The alternative would be to spread things out more and do it more randomly, there could be all sorts of mechanisms. If the aim was to allow more NUFC fans a fair chance to follow their club. 

I know this isn't how football works, but I enjoy theoretical issues like this. When you really examine it, we don't need to offer a small group of fans such a privileged position.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Have they not been allocated as the "home" team, i.e. getting the home dressing room, etc.?

They've had their name first on the billing since qualifying, as Chelsea did last year, and they were the "home team" in the tie.

The dressing rooms at Wembley are identical. The billing is alphabetical prospectively, result based retrospectively and the teams get to choose their kit. If there is a kit clash, its decided by a coin toss. Apparently. 

I think ST holders quite rightly will always get dibs, but I know it’s frustrating being on the outside. Those that packed in (like me) when Bruce came in knew what we were letting go and the risks attached. However those just starting off on their NUFC journey are going to struggle, for sure.

Loyalty points is a completely different game though - that needs reformed. I would never advocate those with points, losing them - no chance. But there needs to be opportunities for ST holders (and members for that matter) to be able to build the points up by other means, if the away threshold will never fall to 0 again. How they do it, I don’t know. I also wish I knew the answer to stopping people buying to sell on for a point. I know some will argue it’s fairly rare, however there’s at least 3 supporters coaches in my area for away games that’s always offering tickets (basically the organiser has numerous linked accounts and just buys tickets each away day, thus earning someone a point). 

There may (and probably will) be a situation here at Wembley where somebody with say 26 points hasn’t done an away in 10 years or so, but gets priority. Yes I get that this person has points, but what about the next person who should have points only the club didn’t record them at that stage? Appreciate it’s entirely hypothetical. 

I say this as a Father to amazing kids and I really want them to be able to build their own profile so they they can get the opportunity at days out at cup finals in the future. 

Sadly I’ve just wasted 5 minutes of my time typing that, as whilst NUST keep their current stance, it ain’t changing. 

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

The thing is anyone that wanted a season ticket could have had one 18 months ago, why should people who have had season tickets the whole time now lose out because demand is high?

Exactly, this stinks of people that didn’t stick around during the shit times now crying that they can’t get a ticket during the good times 

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Why do they deserve more though? My point is that thousands of people would kill for the opportunity to buy a ST. They already have secure tickets to every home game, seems a bit unfair that they also get to monopolise everything else. 

Until a year ago the thousands of people that wanted one could have had one. They get a seat for every home game and access to away tickets and cup finals. The club did need season ticket holders until very recently. Telling someone who’s been going for decades that someone who bought a membership a year ago has the same chance of a cup final ticket seems more wrong as an alternative.

4 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Exactly, this stinks of people that didn’t stick around during the shit times now crying that they can’t get a ticket during the good times 

See, I completely reject that notion. Of course there would have been some folks wrapping it in because ‘we were shit’, but the vast majority packed in to initiate change more than anything else. 

If it was because we were shit, surely they would have packed in prior to the 2x Championship seasons?

I do understand what you’re saying though, but let’s not start the whole who is a better fan debate. 

Edited by Chicken Dancer

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well yeah, the benefit being extra tickets, the only people who can go to away games, the only people who have a chance of going to cup finals. Guess European tickets will go the same way. On top of the amazing basic benefit which is automatic access to every home game. 

The alternative would be to spread things out more and do it more randomly, there could be all sorts of mechanisms. If the aim was to allow more NUFC fans a fair chance to follow their club. 

I know this isn't how football works, but I enjoy theoretical issues like this. When you really examine it, we don't need to offer a small group of fans such a privileged position.

Why bother with anything then, ST’s, Memberships, whatever?

Just distribute all the tickets throughout the  city and the surrounding area, but you’re only allowed to attend three times a season so everybody gets a go.

Obviously I’m being facetious, but my point is that you need some kind of structure in place to create a ‘fan base’. Everybody knows what the atmosphere is like at early round cup games and friendlies. And whilst you want kids and ‘once a season’ fans to have a game or two to be able to go to, it can’t be like that on a regular basis.

The fact is people want to go now because we’re good. This is probably the wrong place to make this point, because the majority of people on here who didn’t attend (much) pre-takeover and now do, or want to, care as passionately about the club as those that did and do go, hence being on here. But out in the world it’s different. Most people didn’t go before because we got beat and it was shit. So you can understand why there’s a reluctance for people to think they should all get an equal crack at tickets now.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Because the vast majority of ST holders have held them since early 90’s. That’s 30 years approx loyalty and amends cost regardless of points or away games for very little for the bulk of it versus a £25 membership held for 14 months maximum since takeover. It seems pretty obvious to me. 

Totally understand what it’s like not attending regularly as I practically did a 14 year boycott of home games myself until MA sold up. Didn’t have the numerous friends then asking me for tickets as they do now. I’ve had some right load of chancers these last couple of weeks asking. The one thing in common is it’s only an unfair system it seems when we are doing well.

End of the day everyone had a “chance” to buy a ST and also a very good “chance” to buy a membership which with a bit of organisation gets you into every league and cup game so far which you couldn’t do early 90’s so massive progress has been made. Next step is a expanded/new ground.

You’ve just got to except this is a cup final and therefore the threshold is always going to be high. Even adding to that for the money you’ve saved not having a ST this year or any other year you can still use it to purchase the best seats in the house for the final. So no one can say on here they aren’t able to get a ticket for the final. They can. They just have to pay a bit more for it. Just like giving a club 30+ years of ST money.

8 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Truly awful take but it’s been gone over too many time to start again.

Way too many good fans made sacrifices during the bad times so that the good time could come back. You only need to look at Wor Flags as an example of a group of fans that made tough decisions for a greater good. IMO it was easier to stick around during the shit times than try and do something about it…

13 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I think ST holders quite rightly will always get dibs, but I know it’s frustrating being on the outside. Those that packed in (like me) when Bruce came in knew what we were letting go and the risks attached. However those just starting off on their NUFC journey are going to struggle, for sure.

Loyalty points is a completely different game though - that needs reformed. I would never advocate those with points, losing them - no chance. But there needs to be opportunities for ST holders (and members for that matter) to be able to build the points up by other means, if the away threshold will never fall to 0 again. How they do it, I don’t know. I also wish I knew the answer to stopping people buying to sell on for a point. I know some will argue it’s fairly rare, however there’s at least 3 supporters coaches in my area for away games that’s always offering tickets (basically the organiser has numerous linked accounts and just buys tickets each away day, thus earning someone a point). 

There may (and probably will) be a situation here at Wembley where somebody with say 26 points hasn’t done an away in 10 years or so, but gets priority. Yes I get that this person has points, but what about the next person who should have points only the club didn’t record them at that stage? Appreciate it’s entirely hypothetical. 

I say this as a Father to amazing kids and I really want them to be able to build their own profile so they they can get the opportunity at days out at cup finals in the future. 

Sadly I’ve just wasted 5 minutes of my time typing that, as whilst NUST keep their current stance, it ain’t changing. 

I do find it horrendous that Alex Hurst and his mates Charlotte and Michael Martin are now the people the club turn to when they want fan views. Surprised pot 1 wasn’t people who have a True Faith podcast subscription and who have bought a TF Bruno T shirt  :lol: 

Edited by bowlingcrofty

Just now, bowlingcrofty said:

I do find it horrendous that Alex Hurst and his mates Charlotte and Michael Martin are now the people the club turn to when they want fan views. Surprised pot 1 wasn’t people who have a True Faith podcast description and who have bought a TF Bruno T shirt  :lol: 

What about the people who bought a jigsaw??!1!!! Surely they shouldnt have to wait it out with the non TF plebs in Pot 2?!

2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I do find it horrendous that Alex Hurst and his mates Charlotte and Michael Martin are now the people the club turn to when they want fan views. Surprised pot 1 wasn’t people who have a True Faith podcast subscription and who have bought a TF Bruno T shirt  :lol: 

Exactly, it’s a fucking shambles. The Trust are meant to represent their members not daft , fame-hungry Tories. Really winds me up 

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You’ve just got to except this is a cup final and therefore the threshold is always going to be high. Even adding to that for the money you’ve saved not having a ST this year or any other year you can still use it to purchase the best seats in the house for the final. So no one can say on here they aren’t able to get a ticket for the final. They can. They just have to pay a bit more for it. Just like giving a club 30+ years of ST money.

Never thought about it like that but its an excellent point, can get a cup final ticket for about £1500 which is absolutely extortionate but its roughly about two years worth of a season ticket.