[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Tried to buy a ST the day before the takeover was announced and couldn’t. Still gutted by that :lol:. I boycotted for a number of years after having a ST for well over a decade. 

Funny really. Managed to buy a ticket with ease for Spurs at home for when the takeover went through. The clamour for tickets only started once we started winning post Jan window. Funny that…

I’ve went to every home game this season in League and Cup and paid a membership fee. Them’s the breaks, but it would be great if I get the opportunity to get onto some form of ST waiting list. 

Some of the people I know who couldn’t give two shits about NUFC over the last 15-20 years who blagged a free half season ticket is rather annoying tbh.

28 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Don’t understand this. Surely regardless at what selling point you buy a cup ticket, your own seat or not you assign it to your membership number so it shoes up in your purchase history?

my kids and their friends have season tickets.

they all wanted to sit together for the cup games so the easiest way was for me to buy 8 tickets together using my kids details - rahther than trying to get each individual kid to buy a seat next to each other.

Just now, Geogaddi said:

Never thought about it like that but its an excellent point, can get a cup final ticket for about £1500 which is absolutely extortionate but its roughly about two years worth of a season ticket.

Or if you wanted to show loyalty like a 30 year old ST holder you could’ve gambled and bought one for under £500 minutes after knocking out Leicester. Or when the Semi draw was made for £700 or after the the first leg for £900.

56 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

If anyone had same query as me have to wait until lowest pot if want to sit together with people, including kids. And kids can’t buy adult ticket or an individual one themselves.

create a friends and family group.

as long as you buy same category seats even in different pots - you'll be sat together.

14 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Until a year ago the thousands of people that wanted one could have had one. They get a seat for every home game and access to away tickets and cup finals. The club did need season ticket holders until very recently. Telling someone who’s been going for decades that someone who bought a membership a year ago has the same chance of a cup final ticket seems more wrong as an alternative.

I'd say if you supported Ashley with funds to continue his running of the club all the way up until the takeover you are less deserving of a cup final ticket than someone who got a ST after the take over.

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

they all wanted to sit together for the cup games so the easiest way was for me to buy 8 tickets together using my kids details - rahther than trying to get each individual kid to buy a seat next to each other.

Yes but you still can assign them manually to each member as you select them when doing them in a group.

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

I know quite a few people in this kind of boat. Went to the games but didn’t get the credit for them

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I'd say if you supported Ashley with funds to continue his running of the club all the way up until the takeover you are less deserving of a cup final ticket than someone who got a ST after the take over.

It’s a fair point but if some people hadn’t we might not have the problem of a cup final to worry about.

Reread the priority of tickets.

Think I missed the fact that Pots 4-7 all get informed of ballot on the same day. If it’s a genuine ballot, does that means a Pot 7 could get tickets over a Pot 4? In theory, yes it does…

Just now, geordie_b said:

I know quite a few people in this kind of boat. Went to the games but didn’t get the credit for them

All you had to do is add them to Friends & Family with a few clicks online prior to sale. Don’t want to sound harsh but if people can’t be bothered to do that then have little sympathy them being further down the pecking order.

It requires very little effort 🙂

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Reread the priority of tickets.

Think I missed the fact that Pots 4-7 all get informed of ballot on the same day. If it’s a genuine ballot, does that means a Pot 7 could get tickets over a Pot 4? In theory, yes it does…

Said it earlier but I just don't see how they could do that, would be hell on when someone in period 7 without a season ticket who has been to one game gets a ticket ahead of someone in period 4 who has a season ticket and has been to two games.

52 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think in future seasons we need to look into the benefits promised to ST holders.

It’s already amazing to have access to every home game, not sure it should necessarily come with automatic first dibs on everything else as well. 

I know it’s conventional that ST holders get everything, but we’re in an environment now where demand is so high that it’s more a privilege than something the club ‘needs’, if that makes sense. We don’t need to encourage ST purchase because they would sell themselves a hundred times over. 

Philosophical question I know.  

Hard agree, Ian. See also, preferential treatment for buying additional match tickets.

4 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Said it earlier but I just don't see how they could do that, would be hell on when someone in period 7 without a season ticket who has been to one game gets a ticket ahead of someone in period 4 who has a season ticket and has been to two games.

Just the way it reads to me.

Any description of ballot entry I have found is effectively a lottery.

7 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Hard agree, Ian. See also, preferential treatment for buying additional match tickets.

They don’t get preferential treatment for buying additional match tickets. They’re also members that can buy the same time as other members. Could remove the membership from the season ticket but people that use it could just pay £30 quid or however much it is and doesn’t change anything.

Maybe from next year they could introduce cup season tickets, especially with us likely being in some form of European competition. Say £150-£200 and you get all home cup ties, with there likely being some form European competition that's 3 European games at the absolute bare minimum. And that's assuming we go out early in both domestic cups without playing a home game, and finish last in a CL/Europa group and go out of Europe immediately. But I'd fancy us to get third in a CL group at least (meaning Europa play-off), and qualify from a Europa/Conference League group. 

Obviously regular season ticket holders and members get priority for what's left over, and the truly hardcore who already have a season ticket can purchase a cup season ticket as well, just maybe don't give them first dibs on them when they go on sale. Then should we get to a final, you can have cup season ticket holders as well as regular season ticket holders in priority 1. 

Loyalty points for home cup ties and even friendlies would be a start to get people anywhere near bridging the gap.

Will still take an absolute age and it's more than likely that the gap will stay the same with the away-going fans getting the same points but at least it's a start.

Just seems like for the absolute forseeable you're not going to get anywhere near away league games unless you have 80+ and you can't even get a single one if you don't get an away ticket in the first place.

Re tickets, I have a couple of questions:

Do you have to click the link in the email you're sent to buy tickets, or can you just login during your priority period? 

Was it confirmed if they will be paper or digital tickets, if the latter are they saying you need ID as well? 

Thanks in advance, if anyone can help. 

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Don’t know for sure but I’d imagine for argument sake there are 2000 tickets left after P3. P4 is allocated 500 to fight over. Then next day another 500 are added to the pot for P4 to have a second chance to fight over with P5 and then next day another 500 added for P4&P5 to fight over with P6 and then last 500 released for P4-7 fight over. I might be wrong though.

They might for argument sake release out of say 2000 P4 1000 P5 600 P6 300 P7 100 with any untaken amounts added proportionally as they go along so everyone gets a diminishing chance. As that is the true sense of a ballot I guess.

Thinking of it as a big gig. You’ve got say 02 priority so you get early chance but ultimately the amount is capped so you can still miss out for that purchase window and you have to try again when a fixed amount goes on general sale.

7 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

They don’t get preferential treatment for buying additional match tickets. They’re also members that can buy the same time as other members. Could remove the membership from the season ticket but people that use it could just pay £30 quid or however much it is and doesn’t change anything.

Not to prolong this debate, they already have one match ticket, it's definitely preferential to be able to buy an extra one. 

Obviously they could buy a membership as well, but you would need to stop that. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not to prolong this debate, they already have one match ticket, it's definitely preferential to be able to buy an extra one. 

But like I’ve said before nothing stopping you having two memberships. Either way is the same outcome. STs aren’t guaranteed a second seat. They just have access the same time as membership to obtain one if they want to.

For example you got 2 tickets for Liverpool having a membership whereas I missed out twice despite having a ST. 

It’s the way the cookie crumbles at times 🙂

Edited by LFEE

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I genuinely fail to see how it’s preferential when they are paying exactly the same fee as members? 

If you want to stop it, stop charging the fee and stop them being members. Or at least make it an optional extra at the point of renewing a ST

6 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Re tickets, I have a couple of questions:

Do you have to click the link in the email you're sent to buy tickets, or can you just login during your priority period? 

Was it confirmed if they will be paper or digital tickets, if the latter are they saying you need ID as well? 

Thanks in advance, if anyone can help. 

If you’ve got a link (not checked) I would go in via it as usually it is matched to your details.

Paper tickets posted out via Wembley so if lost etc club take no responsibility. There is a booking fee and a postage fee. All in the general email but approximately £4 in total.

If you take that away there are another 30 odd thousand memberships for sale. Someone can’t buy their mate a ticket any more but they can buy a membership. Doesn’t help any current member have more of a chance of getting one.

56 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Because the vast majority of ST holders have held them since early 90’s. That’s 30 years approx loyalty and amends cost regardless of points or away games for very little for the bulk of it versus a £25 membership held for 14 months maximum since takeover. It seems pretty obvious to me. 

Totally understand what it’s like not attending regularly as I practically did a 14 year boycott of home games myself until MA sold up. Didn’t have the numerous friends then asking me for tickets as they do now. I’ve had some right load of chancers these last couple of weeks asking. The one thing in common is it’s only an unfair system it seems when we are doing well.

End of the day everyone had a “chance” to buy a ST and also a very good “chance” to buy a membership which with a bit of organisation gets you into every league and cup game so far which you couldn’t do early 90’s so massive progress has been made. Next step is a expanded/new ground.

You’ve just got to except this is a cup final and therefore the threshold is always going to be high. Even adding to that for the money you’ve saved not having a ST this year or any other year you can still use it to purchase the best seats in the house for the final. So no one can say on here they aren’t able to get a ticket for the final. They can. They just have to pay a bit more for it. Just like giving a club 30+ years of ST money.

I was just making the point that season ticket holders get a huge advantage in general, which might not be fair in an environment where we don't need to sell STs.

Obviously for this season we can't go back and change anything.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo