[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Any reason why home cup ties don't give you loyalty points?  Whether you're a member or a ST holder.

Am sure they used to, back when there were European home games 

I guess for the last decade it hasn’t made much difference 

17 minutes ago, SteV said:

I genuinely fail to see how it’s preferential when they are paying exactly the same fee as members? 

If you want to stop it, stop charging the fee and stop them being members. Or at least make it an optional extra at the point of renewing a ST

Yeah exactly, separate ST and member so you can't be both. One ticket per person, either in advance via ST or in the sale via membership. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah exactly, separate ST and member so you can't be both. One ticket per person, either in advance via ST or in the sale via membership. 

Very easy to get round as you’d just get one in a different name at the same address, but that notwithstanding, I would have no issues with them doing that.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

I'd say if you supported Ashley with funds to continue his running of the club all the way up until the takeover you are less deserving of a cup final ticket than someone who got a ST after the take over.

absolute bollocks.

so people who supported the club through thick and thin for over 40 years and stuck with it in the hope of a takeover are less derserving than someone who picked up a season ticket last year?

ffs.

condescending or what?

i knew we'd eventually get taken over and wasnt going to risk not getting my ST back.

so if u jacked your ST in as a protest but now cant get one - i admire your stance but have no sympathy for you.

Edited by huss9

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

they werent in our friends and family - that was already full up

For a home game you could link more than enough memberships and get 8 tickets surely. I’ve bought as many before. Maybe temporarily remove some and add them in future possibly.

Hope you get sorted for the final 👍🏻

42 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I was just making the point that season ticket holders get a huge advantage in general, which might not be fair in an environment where we don't need to sell STs.

Obviously for this season we can't go back and change anything.

They aren’t selling any further STs though. The ground is basically split 60/40 in STs favour which is more than fair

Or are you saying there should be no season tickets at all now?

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

For a home game you could link more than enough memberships and get 8 tickets surely. I’ve bought as many before. Maybe temporarily remove some and add them in future possibly.

Hope you get sorted for the final 👍🏻

yeah we'll be sorted definitley - just a few of the bairn's mates now a bit twitchy.

Should probably sell more season tickets then.  I don't know what else I can do to ever get to a final.  Went to all the games only to be told someone with a ST who had no interest in going but now fancy's it because of the final can.

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

Should probably sell more season tickets then.  I don't know what else I can do to ever get to a final.  Went to all the games only to be told someone with a ST who had no interest in going but now fancy's it because of the final can.

Buy a ticket directly with Wembley.

Also the criteria you mentioned is very Slim pardon the pun 🙂

Edited by LFEE

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Buy a ticket directly with Wembley.

Lets be sensible.  I won't be paying them prices.

Though I could just tout my Liverpool and West Ham tickets towards it. 

Edited by Slim

12 minutes ago, Slim said:

Lets be sensible.  I won't be paying them prices.

Though I could just tout my Liverpool and West Ham tickets towards it. 

Like I said earlier they were available for under £500 for best seat in the house if you paid in advance like you would and use ST money you’ve saved not having one. Pretty standard these days when Blur are charging £150 and Madonna £400+ etc at Wembley for a gig you could travel and see for cheaper elsewhere. 

So what you are arguing it is the price not the availability. If it was first come first served for £250+ which it is a year in advance those who would want to go the most will go. If we don’t get to a final you just re-sell face value to the team that make it 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

31 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They aren’t selling any further STs though. The ground is basically split 60/40 in STs favour which is more than fair

Or are you saying there should be no season tickets at all now?

No, I just mean the principle. In future seasons maybe we need to scale back the benefits of ST ownership a bit, so that more people can get tickets for games. 

Not that it will ever happen, I just thought it was interesting to think about the concept of ST holders getting everything. 

4 hours ago, huss9 said:

loads ST holders that went to every cup home game but got group of tickets to sit together but not in their own names.

they're worried about getting tickets.

but tbh most ST holders should be able to get one.

I did this which drops me from 3 to 2 of the cup games attended. The key is to link the accounts which I subsequently learned.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

No, I just mean the principle. In future seasons maybe we need to scale back the benefits of ST ownership a bit, so that more people can get tickets for games. 

Not that it will ever happen, I just thought it was interesting to think about the concept of ST holders getting everything. 

But I’ve just highlighted you got 2 Liverpool tickets whilst having only a membership yet I’ve a ST for 30 years approx with over 200 LPs and I’ve not managed to get a ticket for someone to go with so not on my own.

Only benefits they gain are well earned over many baron years.

Speaking as someone who has to fire up every device within a quarter mile radius to even have a sniff of getting a ticket when they go on member sale, I don’t really have an issue with ST holders or the club’s approach.

You pay for an ST you’re at the front of the queue. It’s always been the case. I don’t think they’re getting overly preferential treatment (only quibble I’d have is pots 5 and 6).

Shit that people who want to go will miss out but that’s just life.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

But I’ve just highlighted you got 2 Liverpool tickets whilst having only a membership yet I’ve a ST for 30 years approx with over 200 LPs and I’ve not managed to get a ticket for someone to go with so not on my own.

Only benefits they gain are well earned over many baron years.

Well not quite, I got one for myself and one for someone else who is also a member. One per person. 

It's class how lots of ST holders help out other people with tickets, and you're absolutely right about barren years (without debating the Ashley situation). 

It's always going to be a difficult topic when we have so many fans and very limited tickets, hopefully you get the point I'm making about favouring ST holders above everyone else. 

The discussion could go on forever, if I had hundreds of loyalty points I'd probably be arguing the other side :lol:

3 minutes ago, christ said:

You pay for an ST you’re at the front of the queue. It’s always been the case. I don’t think they’re getting overly preferential treatment (only quibble I’d have is pots 5 and 6).

Think the point about paying for a season ticket is interesting though. I would pay for a season ticket, so would thousands of others. We just can't. Having one doesn't mean you are a better fan or anything.

I presume the theory behind loads of benefits to ST holders is to sell them, but we have one of those situations where they would sell themselves hundreds of times over. 

Just weird is all. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

It's really daft to suggest fans should just pay £2k for a ticket because they've 'saved' money on not having a season ticket. Those fans could easily have spent more money in the last year going to games than season ticket holders. Not saying they deserve to get a ticket more but £2k is a ridiculous price to pay for one game for the average fan.