[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Because the vast majority of ST holders have held them since early 90’s. That’s 30 years approx loyalty and amends cost regardless of points or away games for very little for the bulk of it versus a £25 membership held for 14 months maximum since takeover. It seems pretty obvious to me. 

Totally understand what it’s like not attending regularly as I practically did a 14 year boycott of home games myself until MA sold up. Didn’t have the numerous friends then asking me for tickets as they do now. I’ve had some right load of chancers these last couple of weeks asking. The one thing in common is it’s only an unfair system it seems when we are doing well.

End of the day everyone had a “chance” to buy a ST and also a very good “chance” to buy a membership which with a bit of organisation gets you into every league and cup game so far which you couldn’t do early 90’s so massive progress has been made. Next step is a expanded/new ground.

You’ve just got to except this is a cup final and therefore the threshold is always going to be high. Even adding to that for the money you’ve saved not having a ST this year or any other year you can still use it to purchase the best seats in the house for the final. So no one can say on here they aren’t able to get a ticket for the final. They can. They just have to pay a bit more for it. Just like giving a club 30+ years of ST money.

I can see why people didn't want season tickets/gave up theirs pre takeover because we had become a pointless club, one that merely existed. Personally I briefly gave up mine after 29 years then took a gamble by getting another pre-takeover.  I agree with you though and have said the same myself. Season tickets and associated benefits were indeed readily available.

3 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Re tickets, I have a couple of questions:

Do you have to click the link in the email you're sent to buy tickets, or can you just login during your priority period? 

Was it confirmed if they will be paper or digital tickets, if the latter are they saying you need ID as well? 

Thanks in advance, if anyone can help. 

I have seen £2.10 postage fee mentioned so maybe that suggests paper tickets. 

I have seen it written on the official website and on sky as man u Vs Newcastle. Does that mean we might end up playing in the white and green kit again like we did in the league? Really home not, mainly cus I want us in our black and white for the final but also cus I don't think we have won a game in the white yet have we?

Edited by alexf