[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

I’ve spoke to box office about ballot as was unable to locate the terms

If unsuccessful in 4 you don’t move to 5 and so on.

it seems that if you are in 4-7 you may have an equal chance. 

when you apply you fill in the ballot sheet online and then pray until the following Tuesday 

Based on this there doesn’t seem any advantage of being online when the ballot opens? As long as you get your application in before the window closes?

11 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Based on this there doesn’t seem any advantage of being online when the ballot opens? As long as you get your application in before the window closes?

From p4 onwards, I think you’re right. However, that’s easy for me to say with a ticket already banked. 

If you’re in p4 and it’s not a massive hassle to be online and in the queue on Thursday morning, I’d still probably do it, and hopefully someone who’s in sharp will post on here and you’ll know whether it’s worth hanging on or just going back later when it’s quiet.

44 minutes ago, SteV said:

Quite surprised there’s still a reasonable number of safe standing left. Thought they would all have gone straight away tbh.

me too but whilst I would have booked SS years ago today I opted for the adjacent block to let the younguns have it - I expect uk be standing all the way through anyway as I’d imagine most round us will be regular away supporters 

6 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Aye pretty sure our whole end will be standing tbf, especially in the lower tiers

Lower tiers probably. The higher ones are actually quite scary 🙂 I managed to get a cheap ticket for the Chelsea v Arsenal charity shield when down in London off a tout last minute chancing my luck. Was sat fairly high up but still a good view. The incline is quite severe and the barriers a lot lower than you’d think would be safe 🙂 If we score I’m predicting casualties 😆

52 minutes ago, SteV said:

From p4 onwards, I think you’re right. However, that’s easy for me to say with a ticket already banked. 

If you’re in p4 and it’s not a massive hassle to be online and in the queue on Thursday morning, I’d still probably do it, and hopefully someone who’s in sharp will post on here and you’ll know whether it’s worth hanging on or just going back later when it’s quiet.

I’m in P6 mate…

2 minutes ago, cambb said:

I might be panicking here but can people in P1 defo wait until P3 so everybody sits together.

Say the following online all supporters must have the same required level of eligibility

P1 can wait yes. 

from .com -

If you have linked accounts using friends and family and they are eligible to purchase tickets during periods 2 or 3 you can wait until their sales period starts so you can select seats together. You must have purchased your tickets by 8am on Thursday 9 February

Edited by Danh1

5 hours ago, Scoot said:

I'll be going there by myself for this. All the people I generally go to the match with aren't season ticket holders. They're either members or I just get mates tickets on a game by game basis on my season tickets. So its the bus there and back on my Todd. Feel like I right Billy no mates.[emoji38]

Anyone else in the same boat?

I can do one better. I am going down on the Saturday on me todd just to experience the pre match atmosphere and coming back up to Newcastle on THE day of the match. [emoji38] thankfully I will be meeting up with mates on the sat for the day but it's mad to think that I was a season ticket holder for 15 years and only stopped because of Ashley and now the day I have dreamt of my whole life is here and I'm on the outside looking in. I guess it's the final kick in the bollocks from Ashley.

4 minutes ago, cambb said:

I might be panicking here but can people in P1 defo wait until P3 so everybody sits together.

Say the following online all supporters must have the same required level of eligibility

yes, thats what we are doing.

Sounds like the website is broke this morning and every single block is showing greyed out for those trying to buy tickets.

Absolute nightmare, thankfully only a few hundred going for one today but imagine the carnage if this happens tomorrow morning

I didn't realise how easy the criteria for pot 1 was, just a ST holder with 25 points who has gone to one cup game. You'd think that would be a hell of a lot of people. 

My hope is that there aren't many people in pots 4 and 5 who don't already have a ticket from an earlier bracket. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Can imagine it'd be a bit worrying if you hadn't received anything to confirm you're in the category though, especially considering it tells you to check your email when joining the queue so you should definitely receive one. 

22 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Can imagine it'd be a bit worrying if you hadn't received anything to confirm you're in the category though, especially considering it tells you to check your email when joining the queue so you should definitely receive one. 

I never got one but just logged in yesterday and purchased one - reckon you’ll be fine mate 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I didn't realise how easy the criteria for pot 1 was, just a ST holder with 25 points who has gone to one cup game. You'd think that would be a hell of a lot of people. 

My hope is that there aren't many people in pots 4 and 5 who don't already have a ticket from an earlier bracket. 

Apparently 8500 yesterday - can’t see many today as most in period one would be in period two!

Good luck to everyone!

2 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

I never got one but just logged in yesterday and purchased one - reckon you’ll be fine mate 

Oh aye i know you don't need it, just saying I can imagine what I'd feel like if I hadn't had one confirming I was eligible and had to just wait until the day to find out :lol:

I'm already beside myself waiting until tomorrow and I've had an email! 

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Oh aye i know you don't need it, just saying I can imagine what I'd feel like if I hadn't had one confirming I was eligible and had to just wait until the day to find out :lol:

I'm already beside myself waiting until tomorrow and I've had an email! 

I'm eligible tmoro and still nervous even tho a ticket is pretty much guaranteed

Just worried about the website crashing or glitching, having to ring up or how long it's gonna take to get past the little queue it stick man!