[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

3 hours ago, SteV said:

Those in p4 supposedly getting the email tomorrow 

Everyone needs to stop getting hung up about receiving an email as not need to access your Period if eligible. Just go into site usual way is fine logged on.

However you should be checking your a/c and make sure club has email address for ticket purchase confirmation.

Maybe they are finding it’s way into your Junk folder.

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Oh aye i know you don't need it, just saying I can imagine what I'd feel like if I hadn't had one confirming I was eligible and had to just wait until the day to find out :lol:

I'm already beside myself waiting until tomorrow and I've had an email! 

Don't you know you're eligible based on the criteria they've published?

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Everyone needs to stop getting hung up about receiving an email as not need to access your Period if eligible. Just go into site usual way is fine logged on.

However you should be checking your a/c and make sure club has email address for ticket purchase confirmation.

Maybe they are finding it’s way into your Junk folder.

Obviously you’re right, but everyone just likes that little bit of confirmation that they are where they think/know they are. 

“Ticket sales have been split into separate priority periods based on eligibility criteria automatically contained within your club ticketing account for this match.“

Glad they finally cleared that up. 

33 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Don't you know you're eligible based on the criteria they've published?

Yes.  But to be honest when people were receiving the email on Friday and I didn't have mine, I worried. 

Not really a big deal, just saying that I'd rather have an email confirming it. 

For me personally it’s great and fitting that we’ll play the first final in 24 years, that will hopefully be the start of a long and successful era, against Man U. It’s the team i dislike the most and that rivalry is still there in the back of my mind, I became a Newcastle fan during those Keegan years with the ”luv it”, the 2nd places and the 5-0. 

Yes, it’s ”only” the League Cup but a win here would cast out some of the demons. Of course, it also means that a loss would be fucking rough :lol:

I wonder if it’s the luck of the draw each pot or if they are doing it this way so they can look further into your purchase history.

EG The club is down to the last ticket and has two P6 fans for that one ticket. Names in a hat or sly look to see if one joined at takeover stage or if one has been a previous ST holder etc. Same for other pots P5&6 as you’d imagine it’s these 3 periods that will be the oversubscribed ones.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I wonder if it’s the luck of the draw each pot or if they are doing it this way so they can look further into your purchase history.

EG The club is down to the last ticket and has two P6 fans for that one ticket. Names in a hat or sly look to see if one joined at takeover stage or if one has been a previous ST holder etc. Same for other pots P5&6 as you’d imagine it’s these 3 periods that will be the oversubscribed ones.

You’d hope that no human is involved in the ballot… but who knows I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

How do you/we know this? 

I don’t think we do know, but I’ve seen numerous people claim they’ve spoke to the box office and been led to believe this.

And as I’ve said before, p6 and p7 would seem utterly pointless unless they’re holding some back, however small that amount is.

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The e mail re the ballot says the ballot will be drawn randomly but we've only got their word of course.

booked a few hospitality tickets for work a few times this season contacted them and they confirmed there are tickets held for every category just like the general sale for match day tickets if you are successful in the ballot you get one 

4 minutes ago, Filflop1 said:

booked a few hospitality tickets for work a few times this season contacted them and they confirmed there are tickets held for every category just like the general sale for match day tickets if you are successful in the ballot you get one 

If that’s right, it makes sense to me why they’ve done it like they have then.

Can see people in p4/p5 being pissed off if they miss out and there’s a few in p6/p7 get  some like.

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

If that’s right, it makes sense to me why they’ve done it like they have then.

Can see people in p4/p5 being pissed off if they miss out and there’s a few in p6/p7 get  some like.

I think the way P4&5 have to look at it is the criteria could’ve been slightly different and all the tickets could’ve easily gone to P1-3. There’s always going to be an argument either way. For example I think P6 should possibly be ahead of P5 or classed as a joint pot.

Yeah, except it’s completely unfair that somebody without a season ticket who attended one cup game gets a ticket ahead of a season ticket holder who went to two. The only excuse for a system that ends up in that happening is laziness, frankly. 

Just now, Hovagod said:

Yeah, except it’s completely unfair that somebody without a season ticket who attended one cup game gets a ticket ahead of a season ticket holder who went to two. The only excuse for a system that ends up in that happening is laziness, frankly. 

Yeah, it is difficult to counter that argument.

Suppose the only possible way of looking at it favourably (and not saying I agree) is that they’re endeavouring to give a (presumably) very small chance to those outside of a cohort which, at least in recent times, they don’t have any chance of getting into, as ST and Memberships have sold out 🤷🏽‍♂️

(perhaps they’ve been listening to @AyeDubbleYoo😜)