[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Just now, LFEE said:

Also since P1 finished I’ve noted in P2 you have to buy seats very end of row if buying just 1 ticket to help larger groups stay together.

that was infuriating when buying cup tickets at sjp.

youd pick a load of seats together then it wont et u buy them if u leave a single one next to you.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Also since P1 finished I’ve noted in P2 you have to buy seats very end of row if buying just 1 ticket to help larger groups stay together.

My mate raised this point when we were discussing as to whether we should enter the ballot on Saturday together or individually. I said individually, but he made the point that the NUFC ticket website doesn’t like leaving single tickets, and maybe we should enter together.

In reality it’s impossible to know what would give a better chance but I’m sick of thinking about it. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

My mate raised this point when we were discussing as to whether we should enter the ballot on Saturday together or individually. I said individually, but he made the point that the NUFC ticket website doesn’t like leaving single tickets, and maybe we should enter together.

In reality it’s impossible to know what would give a better chance but I’m sick of thinking about it. :lol: 

I can always check after P3 is finished to see how it’s looking for you with regards to pairs then you can decide from there 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I can always check after P3 is finished to see how it’s looking for you with regards to pairs then you can decide from there 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Cheers LFEE, would appreciate that. 

Be glad when next Tuesday is over and everyone can start looking forward to the occasion. 

56 minutes ago, huss9 said:

@LFEEyou should really be stood outside wembley before kick off as a guide/help for us going off here.

it’s outrageous that those of us who’ve been will have watched Whitley bay or North Shields. But looking to the positives they both win their finals. Howayyy

3 hours ago, Nobody said:

There's definitely an argument to be made that those who kept their season tickets after Rafa left should be right back of the queue mind. Obviously that would never happen, but there is a question to be made who were the most loyal to the club at that point, the fan who kept the ST or the one that gave it up. 0

Yes, I’d certainly have more sympathy there it has to be said 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yes, I’d certainly have more sympathy there it has to be said 

Well, to have the discussion, people who kept on their ticket after Rafa left probably did it because they just go to the match whatever. Lots of people are apolitical in general, lots of people encounter politics a lot in their daily lives and like to keep football as purely a recreational thing. I don’t see that as any more questionable than people who decided to stick it then but want to come back now that we’re owned by morally reprehensible people with pots of cash. (I have no doubt that people on this forum that actively campaigned against Ashley would be back whoever bought it, but does that extend to the wider fanbase? I have asked the question before: Say we got some hedge fund dude, or some Serbian businessman without a Wikipedia page, would the queue for season tickets last June have been at the thirty thousand people it was? What if we had been relegated?)

Put another way: What about somebody who had their season ticket for thirty years, up until 2021, but didn’t want to keep it because of issues with our new owners. Could you not argue they deserve their day out at Wembley?

Edited by Hovagod

We packed 3 season tickets in and, because of that, we're largely responsible for Ashley selling up while all you scabs kept on paying into his bulging, baggy jeans' pockets. I should get a ticket before Youz... 

Only joking, hope you all get ya tickets. Excited isn't the word but trepidation is in the mix. 

'74 was a grim day for this 11yr old, then, kid. 

76 perhaps worse because we hoped they wouldn't freeze again and the opponents weren't Liverpool. 

Then I got to go to semis and finals & experience the whole "pleasure and pain" 

Really need to win this and break the mould..... 

28 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

We packed 3 season tickets in and, because of that, we're largely responsible for Ashley selling up while all you scabs kept on paying into his bulging, baggy jeans' pockets. I should get a ticket before Youz... 

Only joking, hope you all get ya tickets. Excited isn't the word but trepidation is in the mix. 

'74 was a grim day for this 11yr old, then, kid. 

76 perhaps worse because we hoped they wouldn't freeze again and the opponents weren't Liverpool. 

Then I got to go to semis and finals & experience the whole "pleasure and pain" 

Really need to win this and break the mould..... 

Must have been strange as a kid then. Newcastle, historically one of the most successful clubs in the country. 2 cup finals within a few years. Then having to wait 22 years for another final. At the time probably thinking, we’ll be in plenty of these from now on.

Only now having waited 24 years :lol:

9 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

exactly. 

we all love the club but it’s natural that those who have put the most money through the till will be rewarded (I appreciate those who boycotted because of ashley might now be disadvantaged but I’d guess a lot if these will know enough people to source tickets anyway). 

I think, and I could be wrong, that this is the crux of Ian’s argument. There’s a huge assumption that ‘loyalty’ is linked to the amount of money someone has put into something. That’s a societal issue, though, which is so deep rooted that a lot of you can’t see it, and why the argument is circular. How do you define loyalty? For a lot of you it’s clearly linked to money where a football club is concerned. That’s fair enough, but there are other ways of thinking about it. I think that’s the point.

8 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I think, and I could be wrong, that this is the crux of Ian’s argument. There’s a huge assumption that ‘loyalty’ is linked to the amount of money someone has put into something. That’s a societal issue, though, which is so deep rooted that a lot of you can’t see it, and why the argument is circular. How do you define loyalty? For a lot of you it’s clearly linked to money where a football club is concerned. That’s fair enough, but there are other ways of thinking about it. I think that’s the point.

I think match day attendance both home and away is by far and away the best metric of loyalty like. 

Money alone (e.g. buying things from club shop) is not loyalty , I'd agree there.

Sitting on a bus to Bournemouth for a 22 hour round trip that leaves at 2am and gets back at midnight the following day - is definitely loyalty. 

8 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

I think match day attendance both home and away is by far and away the best metric of loyalty like. 

Money alone (e.g. buying things from club shop) is not loyalty , I'd agree there.

Sitting on a bus to Bournemouth for a 22 hour round trip that leaves at 2am and gets back at midnight the following day - is definitely loyalty. 

Yeah I totally understand that.

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Must have been strange as a kid then. Newcastle, historically one of the most successful clubs in the country. 2 cup finals within a few years. Then having to wait 22 years for another final. At the time probably thinking, we’ll be in plenty of these from now on.

Realizing that this final is further in time from the 1999 one, than the 1998 one was from the 76 one was one of those 'shit I'm old' moments. Thought it was proper olden days the 76 final when i was a kid at the 90s ones - that's what kids now think of the 90s finals.

Edited by Superior Acuña

57 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Early 70s we were lush. You're correct, also, that we were thinking we were a very good cup side and this would be regular including more consistency in the league. 

Then we sold Mcdonald, then Kennedy etc etc and went to rat shit. 

I was always dead loyal to the Toon players tho. Doing my "Best 11" team I could pick from and I still had most of ours in it. 

Be nice to win something 😂

52 minutes ago, jack j said:

Anyone know how much of the allocation is roughly left after the first couple of days?

Lots. I’d guess 25K left so today will be the busiest day queue wise. Most popular areas have been lower tier behind the goal but still availability. The more expensive seats near the trophy lift and upper and lower south west corner of ground.

Just remember now if you want a single seat it will try and force you to pick the end of the row it certain blocks.