Newcastle United v West Ham United: 04/02/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Seems like Maxi is first in line for a start to replace Bruno, based on Eddie's press conference. Probably the right call, for me, though I have just watched the Man City highlights back.

Imagine if he performed like that even every other game, man, we'd be unstoppable.

Wasn't till I looked at the fixtures I realised we haven't played these yet this season.

Guessing the match against them down there was postponed for a cup or the WC?

Along with the Brigthon H game, it still has to have a date confirmed.

Edited by TK-421

2 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Wasn't till I looked at the fixtures I realised we haven't played these yet this season.

Guessing the match against them down there was postponed for a cup or the WC?

Along with the Brigthon H game, it still has to have a date confirmed.

The first one was supposed to be the weekend when the queen died.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

A shot on goal about every 2 minutes ffs :lol: 

Think the ball was in play for 61'. So it was more like a shot on target every 2minutes and a shot at goal every 90seconds.

Their keeper looked knackered at the end.

Tino's touches for the assists and his goal just sublime

Edited by Wolfcastle

6 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Think the ball was in play for 61'. So it was more like a shot on target every 2minutes and a shot at goal every 90seconds.

Their keeper looked knackered at the end.

Tino's touches for the assists and his goal just sublime

:lol: Utterly ridiculous. I bet Keegan was like 'I thought we could have been more clinical' afterwards as well. 

6 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Who did they have in goal that day? Not often you can say the keepers played a blinder after a 3-0 defeat, but he clearly did!

Les Sealey. Whole match is in the OP if you'd like to see it :D

Would be poor man management of Maxi to not start him at home on Saturday imo. He's been grafting his bollocks off it seems and now is the chance to do this. I suspect Maxi in for Bruno, with JL, Willock and Sean in midfield. Gordon off the bench. 

On 31/01/2023 at 23:40, HaydnNUFC said:

Fucking half cut in an uber doing this is not a good idea ahahaha

This match was amazing. Brought back a few memories too...

Tino with his socks rolled all the way down...the terrible pitch...Ferdinands thumping headers and more

And yes, thats Peter Shilton on the West Ham Bench. Both keepers had a combined age of 84 :lol:

Was a great response to the Man United game. Response of champions I dared wonder.

Was surely inevitable but baring that Man U game in mind, it maybe took Tino's enigmatic genius to unlock a goal. A wild card.

Don't know if cautionary tales but

The first time I was knowingly nervous about not being nervous was this fixture in 93/94.

Played indoor football with mates around noon but felt like I should have been paying some dues and worrying instead ahead of such a big game (they all were then) and that it might cost us. Bricking it ahead of time whilst playing there had worked okay against Man United.  Worked out though.

None of the events of the fixture in 89 if we don't win please. 'sack the board' pitch invasions and people setting fire to their scarves and shirts at the back of the Gallowgate.

Boy..we've had some cracking games against these at home haven't we? Obviously that 3-0 win in 96 stands out for how incredible we were that night. But, I've always fondly remember the 4-0 win in 2022 too. It was our first game of the season but played on a Monday night on Sky. We battered them and think Hugo Viana made his debut and was a big reason why I have remembered that game so much.

Also special mention of the one with Jonas scoring. Special that.

Will settle for a 2-0 win tomorrow. Howay the Lads!

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Boy..we've had some cracking games against these at home haven't we? Obviously that 3-0 win in 96 stands out for how incredible we were that night. But, I've always fondly remember the 4-0 win in 2022 too. It was our first game of the season but played on a Monday night on Sky. We battered them and think Hugo Viana made his debut and was a big reason why I have remembered that game so much.

Also special mention of the one with Jonas scoring. Special that.

Will settle for a 2-0 win tomorrow. Howay the Lads!

Aye Nobby and Shearer got two each if I recall.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye Nobby and Shearer got two each if I recall.

Actually, you're a bit right but it was Lua Lua with 2, Shearer and Solano.

Edited by nufcjb

Was my first ever game at SJP that one, the 4 nil. Great memories, my dad had took me up a few weeks earlier for the Barcelona friendly, not expecting it to sell out he hadn't sorted tickets, we got there and there was none left. I was devastated, tears, tantrum the lot...and that was just my dad! We were just about to head back home then had the idea of checking if there was any tickets left for the first home game and thankfully got some in level 7 for the West Ham match.

Turned out to be the perfect first home game, was 0-0 at half time as well! Repeat that tomorrow would be just fine.