Newcastle United v West Ham United: 04/02/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

ASM needs to start tonight. I think he will. 

If he doesnt, he's well and truly finished here. 

If he doesn’t start ASM(I’m not his biggest fan) tonight when there is clearly a space for him, then there is absolutely no point having him on the bench for they rest of the season as he will without a doubt down tools 

6 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Has Murphy done anything of note this season, despite all the time he has had on the pitch as an impact sub? 

He played a lot in October when we won loads.

There are some things that he's useful for ie in the league this season from all players:

- Has 11th most carries into the opposition penalty area per 90 (ASM is third)

- Has 17th most fields gained from carries per 90 (ASM is first)

Bigger fan of Murphy than some but if ASM can’t get a game today, when we’re going to be crying out for an alternative attacking threat in the absence of Bruno, then we might has well have flogged him in January.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Few rumours on twitter, nothing from any decent source 

I hope not... I mean I do trust Howe and  he must communicate his intentions to maxi but feels super harsh on the guy it is Murphy starting. He's been doing everything right when he comes on. Maybe targett coming back is a way in for him with more protection. 

Who knows. 

I said I thought Murphy would start this game. But I hope I am wrong and all the Twitter rumours are just BS and guesswork. 

Some massive revisionism going on about his performances this season on social media. He’s been pretty much awful. But because he loves it here and he is our super shithouse sub. He seems to be getting a bit of praise. 

Just now, nufcnick said:

I don’t see Murphy starting on the left though, he’s always miggys replacement, so unless he’s going to move miggy over to the left I don’t see him starting 

Started on the left against Brentford and Fulham earlier in the season.