Newcastle United v West Ham United: 04/02/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I’d be amazed and disappointed if Murphy is starting over ASM and Gordon. I’m a ASM fan and I’d go for him, but why sign a £45m wide attacker then start Murphy?

I understand Newcastle are a defence first team, but scoring has become more difficult now teams come for the draw, so I do think you have to take a bit more risk and play your best attackers - especially absent Bruno

You'd hope West Ham aren't one of the teams that will come here and sit back, you can understand why Bournemouth/Crystal Palace/Leeds do it but West Ham are far more capable than them and should be higher up the league really. I reckon this game will suit us far more than the last few home games have done.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

You'd hope West Ham aren't one of the teams that will come here and sit back, you can understand why Bournemouth/Crystal Palace/Leeds do it but West Ham are far more capable than them and should be higher up the league really. I reckon this game will suit us far more than the last few home games have done.

According to their fans this is exactly what they have done the last few away games.

Will be really, really disappointed if Murphy starts ahead of ASM.

Feels like ASM has been really putting the work in. Doesn't come natural to him and I think he's on borrowed time here but I just don't buy for a second that Jacob Murphy is a better option?

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Will be really, really disappointed if Murphy starts ahead of ASM.

Feels like ASM has been really putting the work in. Doesn't come natural to him and I think he's on borrowed time here but I just don't buy for a second that Jacob Murphy is a better option?

Especially against a team we think might just sit back. I don't mind the extra work rate and defensive contribution against certain sides or in some away games, but we should have the confidence to attack this game.

1 minute ago, frankpingel said:

ASM twitter indicating he's playing? 

Howe's presser pointed to him starting, but ASM has posted those videos ahead of games against Arsenal and Leeds recently and didn't start in either.