Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

After seeing this thread, I actually feel a lot less stressed. It’s helping me to make sense of it all. I booked a flight to London for me and the boy on a late night whim. Completely out of FOMO. There’s basically no chance I’ll have a ticket. I think the best thing will be to actually head to Newcastle with him, meet up with some people, hopefully do a fan park if there is one and not fire down to London unless by some miracle I get tickets

3 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

1st train down on the day, one of the later trains back (20.47) ticket or no ticket. Geordies here, Geordies there, Geordies every f***king where!

If you’ve a ticket. Leaving it tight if it goes to penalties. Then then presentation.

Booked trains down Saturday morning and back Monday with about 20 other lads staying in Shoreditch. Not all of us will get tickets so some will watch in the bar down there but with the amount I think will go down with or without tickets I just think it can’t be missed. 43 now but feel like a little kid that excited about it 😂

I'm meant to be transiting USA to Nigeria that weekend. Currently looking into if I can spend 2 or 3 days in London instead of going direct/find tickets for the final, but it seems quite difficult in terms of logistics and price.

I've never managed to travel north of Liverpool during my time in England, and hence have never seen NUFC play. This final would be a wonderful way to rectify that.

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Think I have a ticket sorted through a mate’s family. Someone’s work has  sorted a load of tickets. So I’m guessing they have Club Wembley. We can get neutral (which it probably will be) or Newcastle for £550. 

Pal of mine and his mates were in a neutral zone for a Wembley final and got chucked out after 20 mins cos the opposing side had more supporters in neutral and they complained about my pal and his group. 

And my pal is a middle aged sensible bloke with a very amiable nature, definitely not a radgepacket.

He contacted Wembley afterwards and they admitted chucking them out was wrong and compensated the entire group. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Pal of mine and his mates were in a neutral zone for a Wembley final and got chucked out after 20 mins cos the opposing side had more supporters in neutral and they complained about my pal and his group. 

And my pal is a middle aged sensible bloke with a very amiable nature, definitely not a radgepacket.

He contacted Wembley afterwards and they admitted chucking them out was wrong and compensated the entire group. 

Just found out it is level 2 Club Wembley. In the Toon end. Thank fuck! 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Wonder if the club would consider putting a big screen in St James' and selling tickets for it.  We've done that before, right?

Staveley has said that the giant screen would need to be so big that it’s feasible it could leave the atmosphere 

Would love to get a ticket - have put out feelers but not expecting much.

Still have the shirt that I wore at the 1998 Cup Final which would get a reprise.

Oddly enough it swamps me now so I can only imagine how baggy it was 25 years ago.

My recollections of that day somewhat clouded by alcohol.

Banking on work for a ticket. Train tickets and hotel booked. If people are struggling for a hotel, I'm sure I could change booking to two people if you want to go heads and tails in a double bed. [emoji38]

Lucky enough to get tickets for both legs of the Semi but unlikely to get one for the final. I've got a ticket for all our other 4 Wembley appearances in my Lifetime (96, 98, 99, 00) so not sure if I could stomach travelling down this time without one. Tempted just to watch it in my local or see what they plan for SJP or the city centre itself.

Would probably pay up to £600 off a tout/ticketing agency but I don't even think that would be enough.

3 minutes ago, OCK said:

Banking on work for a ticket. Train tickets and hotel booked. If people are struggling for a hotel, I'm sure I could change booking to two people if you want to go heads and tails in a double bed. [emoji38]

Nice and cosy with your strong footballer’s thighs :mince:

3 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Lucky enough to get tickets for both legs of the Semi but unlikely to get one for the final. I've got a ticket for all our other 4 Wembley appearances in my Lifetime (96, 98, 99, 00) so not sure if I could stomach travelling down this time without one. Tempted just to watch it in my local or see what they plan for SJP or the city centre itself.

Would probably pay up to £600 off a tout/ticketing agency but I don't even think that would be enough.

I could imagine tout prices being absolutely horrific… 

If you go down the tout route is it best to be at the stadium…or further out?

Just now, TheGuv said:

I could imagine tout prices being absolutely horrific… 

If you go down the tout route is it best to be at the stadium…or further out?

Wouldn't have a clue but I'd assume the nearer to the stadium the better, certainly I'd imagine any touts would be where most the traffic is so Wembley Park Tube station or Wembley Way itself.

I accrued well over a 100 points and passed them to a friend when I left the country - I use them when I go back, but obviously he's going to want to go to this one, so I wouldn't be able to get a ticket through normal channels. I gambled and bought a re-sale Club Wembley ticket the night we were drawn against Southampton. It was extortionate, but looks like a bargain compared to what they're up to now. When I bought them it didn't let you choose an end (as it did later). I e-mailed and asked for our end weeks ago, they said they'd try, but I can't bank on it. I'll be flying from Vancouver for the match. I'll probably work remotely in Newcastle for the week before going back. Not sure about accom yet, might stay with a friend. I don't really earn enough to live like this but I'd be devastated not to be there - and I've got a credit card loaded with debt, what's a bit more :lol:

Edited by Inferior Acuña