Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

From what I can gather, kick off time here (Melbourne) will be 3:30AM Monday morning. I booked the Monday off work when the semi-final draw was made so hopefully I can find somewhere showing it in the city with some other Victoria based Toon fans. 

Edit - I looked at flights back when I was booking the day off - out of the question for tramps like me. 

Edited by rickyprickles

There's a chance I could get a ticket using my Dad's ST, as due to his age and six defeats on the spin, he's definitely not going. However, I don't really want to go without my son.

If I do go on my tod, will probably drive down early Sunday to family in Epsom, train in, meet up with mates in London and stop there Sunday night.

Monday off work regardless.

11 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

There's a chance I could get a ticket using my Dad's ST, as due to his age and six defeats on the spin, he's definitely not going. However, I don't really want to go without my son.

If I do go on my tod, will probably drive down early Sunday to family in Epsom, train in, meet up with mates in London and stop there Sunday night.

Monday off work regardless.

Your inbox is about to get bombarded with ‘if you don’t use that ticket’….😂

57 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

4:30 KO time is late for anyone trying to get a train home the same day unless it’s after 8pm. Not sure there’s even that many trains after that time. 

I saw an advert today for a Newcastle train that takes you down to Wembley direct, it actually stops at the station at Wembley, and comes back at 8.

It’s a dry train though.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

I saw an advert today for a Newcastle train that takes you down to Wembley direct, it actually stops at the station at Wembley, and comes back at 8.

It’s a dry train though.

I did that for Whitley Bay in the FA Vase for 2009. Was canny good actually. Then again I was 15…:lol:

Just my dumb luck that this momentous occasion falls within the small window where I legally cannot leave the United States. One or two other Koreans are going. So if anyone happens to see an Asian in a Newcastle shirt in line to get in at Wembley, please remember  to ask “are you mates with Oldtype?” instead of “are you Oldtype?”

As for me, I guess I’ll be on the couch with my daughter, moderately drunk on a Sunday morning.

Son is up from Uni this weekend, so I'll be asking him if he's up the weekend of the final too. Either be watching it at home or at a local (The Peri). But might see if my dad wants to join us, too.

Was just talking about this in the office, and the 1998 cup final, watched it in City Vaults in town. Match lost, had a few more drinks, and then when we came out  the Bigg Market was like a warzone, including people ontop of a smashed up phonebox.

Following year, watched it in the Old George, and after the same result, was dreading heading out into Bigg Market, but 1998 post match apocalypse wasn't as bad.

So this time, might try and break me 'cup final hoodoo' and avoid the town and stay at home or go local.

12 hours ago, rickyprickles said:

From what I can gather, kick off time here (Melbourne) will be 3:30AM Monday morning. I booked the Monday off work when the semi-final draw was made so hopefully I can find somewhere showing it in the city with some other Victoria based Toon fans. 

Edit - I looked at flights back when I was booking the day off - out of the question for tramps like me. 

Aye same. Monday already booked off work. Usually in the Sherlock Holmes on Collins St, but the last Aussie Mags meetups were at the Imperial at the top of Bourke St. I'll be there. 

12 hours ago, rickyprickles said:

The bairn came in from school yesterday and told us her teachers son has sold his car so he can get back over from Australia :lol: that's commitment! Hope the lad can get a ticket. 

Close to booking flights, question is if ticket prices in the black market will fall below £1.7k :lol: More expensive than World Cup tickets this. Man U side is far more reasonable at roughly half the price. (Even if expensive as hell)

Still holding onto zero hope that I might end up with a ticket. Fuck it is drive down if needs be and park at my mates. 

If not we’ve booked tickets for the event at Wylam. At least it shouldn’t be radge as fuck cos which radgies go there and drink craft ipas, but should still a big enough atmosphere to enjoy it with other fans. 

23 minutes ago, Wilson said:

The bairn came in from school yesterday and told us her teachers son has sold his car so he can get back over from Australia :lol: that's commitment! Hope the lad can get a ticket. 

I've just read that story in the chronicle (I think).