Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

7 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Probably because I’ve never been looking. But I don’t ever remember seeing or hearing touts at SJP. 

London clubs, you can’t move for shady looking fuckers looking to ‘buy’ tickets. 

There were a few for the West Ham game, weirdly enough. 

14 minutes ago, Decky said:

Will there be any of these tout wankers knocking about SJP before the Liverpool game by any chance? :lol: 

Not that I want to promote them - but there’s definitely been a couple near the phone box opposite Shark Bar in recent times.

12 hours ago, SteV said:

Not that I want to promote them - but there’s definitely been a couple near the phone box opposite Shark Bar in recent times.

akways a couple on strawberry place / St Andrews too. Even when we were shite .. can’t have seen that as being too profitable but …

Just now, Scoot said:

What's everyone's plans for a drink when you're actually at Wembley stadium? Are there any pubs/shops that sell drink? 

Think there’s a one mile exclusion zone from selling alcohol around the stadium since the Euros debacle. Not sure what time that comes into effect though?

We’re probably going to stay wherever we are on Sunday morning until about 2ish then just head straight to the stadium. And pay about £12 for a pint once inside.

26 minutes ago, SteV said:

Think there’s a one mile exclusion zone from selling alcohol around the stadium since the Euros debacle. Not sure what time that comes into effect though?

We’re probably going to stay wherever we are on Sunday morning until about 2ish then just head straight to the stadium. And pay about £12 for a pint once inside.

Does the 1 mile exclusion include hotels in the area?

35 minutes ago, SteV said:

I was planning on going in early. Getting food and pre-match ‘vocal lubrication’ drinks inside, is it really that expensive? 

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I was planning on going in early. Getting food and pre-match ‘vocal lubrication’ drinks inside, is it really that expensive? 

Probably not. Would imagine it being on along similar lines to the Emirates or Spurs. So not that much different to SJP really.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I should have known there was a scale on these things. If I'm taking Monday off, Paully will be taking Tuesday off :lol:

Ha ha I can see Wednesday off as well if we win mate ha ha 

Covent Garden Saturday afternoon, Trafalgar later, then find somewhere respectable in the west end for a civilised pint when it gets to rowdy.

Day of game early pints around KX, tube to Baker Street and probably cans outside the Globe pre match. Not sure which pubs we’ve been allocated around Wembley, Green Man or Torch used to be best of bad bunch.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Covent Garden Saturday afternoon, Trafalgar later, then find somewhere respectable in the west end for a civilised pint when it gets to rowdy.

Day of game early pints around KX, tube to Baker Street and probably can outside the Globe pre match. Not sure which pubs we’ve been allocated around Wembley, Green Man or Torch used to be best of bad bunch.

List of ‘Newcastle’ allocated pubs here:

https://www.brent.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-travel/parking/wembley-event-day-parking/match-days

1 hour ago, Superior Acuña said:

Flights from Vancouver booked. Arrive into London friday. Weekend in London. Up to toon work remotely during week. Man City away saturday, fly back sunday. Howay.

Might be cool to have a thread the week of the game, charting folk’s travels, be it down to London or to Newcastle, or wherever.

Sounds like we’ve got folk on here making trips from everywhere. Think it would help build things up nicely if we got mini updates from, airports, train stations, motorways etc.

Bit of RTG-tastic ’Mag on/in/at a’