Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

Asked my daughter if she could drive me down to Brit's Pub. She agreed. That way I can have a few pints despite it starting at 10:30am. I asked if she'd stay and watch the match she said she might. She loves the World Cup but wouldn't know Newcastle United from a hole in the ground.

I’m just going to go over to my mams and watch it with my stepdad.

My stepdad got me into football, although I watched the finals in the 90’s, I wasn’t a football fan and just got caught up in the occasion as everyone was excited. I was also too young to know what was going on really.

Anyway my stepdad got me into football, and as much as it would be great to watch it with mates, it seems right that me and him should go through this together.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

My stepdad got me into football, although I watched the finals in the 90’s, I wasn’t a football fan and just got caught up in the occasion as everyone was excited. I was also too young to know what was going on really.

Anyway my stepdad got me into football, and as much as it would be great to watch it with mates, it seems right that me and him should go through this together.

Respect, earned not bought 👏👏👏

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

That lovely to read @Stifler 👏 

Spoiler

4F5A9E0F-EACA-4D7F-822D-194AEF2B1F14.jpeg.f4a8eb4b3ff3551997736fa47b1c2c5e.jpeg

Hope Finch gets his black ‘n’ gear on (sorry couldn’t resist the obvs joke). Really was lovely to read though! 

9 hours ago, McDog said:

Asked my daughter if she could drive me down to Brit's Pub. She agreed. That way I can have a few pints despite it starting at 10:30am. I asked if she'd stay and watch the match she said she might. She loves the World Cup but wouldn't know Newcastle United from a hole in the ground.

Sounds like a perfect bonding opportunity to me....she'll be hooked and we'll gain new recruit :aww:

Saw a comment on Twitter that sky would block any attempt to for Newcastle to have a big screen in the stadium and also pubs around the area might complain also. Has a ground held a big screen for a match before that wasn’t on terrestrial tv ?

30 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Might head to the Namco Funscape in the metrocentre. Gives the lad something to do before the game while I enjoy some nerve-settling drinks. 

there's something similar upstairs in The Gate now. stick him in there with loads of pound coins and get yourself in Wonder Bar.

3 hours ago, Big River said:

there's something similar upstairs in The Gate now. stick him in there with loads of pound coins and get yourself in Wonder Bar.

That actually looks pretty decent. Do you know if they allow kids there? Especially on a big game like that. 

21 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Getting nervous about this now, like.

No way am I watching this at home but, after not looking over the weekend, is every big screen already sold out? Just seen the Life Centre one is.

We’re in a similar position. Anarchy Brewery might be best option but it’s obvs out of town. If we win I’d want to be outside SJP. 

13 hours ago, Mike said:

Reveal hidden contents

atVn8Vn.png

Shak told me but I didn't believe it.

100% going to be a thread on here covering your arrival at Newcastle airport with grainy photos anarl [emoji38][emoji38]

Wew.