Alternative venues / Events / Ideas for the Carabao Cup Final

mighty__mag

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Have you tried The Chasers? 

Oh, I don’t believe it. If you see three debauched drunkards in the corner, keep away from us! No, come over, the drinks will be on me. In me! 

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

Thought they'd have something absolutely massive on in town for this like. Disappointed to be honest.

Got to remember it’s February. If there was “something absolutely massive” it would probably have to be outdoors (unless it was at the Arena maybe, although there’ll probably already be something on that date) so I’m not sure anyone fancies trying to sort something when it will probably be about 3 degrees and pissing down or snowing.

I'm gonna pay like £30 for "wifi" and attempt to watch an illegal stream of it halfway across the fucking Atlantic whilst drinking miniature whiskies from the drinks trolley.

I may get arrested on landing if we win.

22 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I'm gonna pay like £30 for "wifi" and attempt to watch an illegal stream of it halfway across the fucking Atlantic whilst drinking miniature whiskies from the drinks trolley.

I may get arrested on landing if we win.

I don't think you can use plane wifi for streaming :-(

11 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I don't think you can use plane wifi for streaming :-(

You can. I've done it before. They advertise "streaming" packages if you pay enough, which I will, and I've got a very good VPN in case they get concerned about the legality.

Might be a bit choppy, but I'll get something.

7 hours ago, LFEE said:

Is this 100%? Maybe they want to sell the tickets for Wembley first.

I’d have thought there would have at least been word of any plans. It’s less than 3 weeks away 

19 hours ago, Hovagod said:

What’s the latest idea for watching in London for those who may travel without a ticket?

Me and my mate are gonna book a table somewhere I think. See what the crack is next Tuesday re getting a ticket. Shame there isn’t any fan park (that I’m aware of) and the pubs near Wembley aren’t allowed to show it.

On 04/02/2023 at 03:31, mighty__mag said:

Reason I'm staying in Newcastle. Don't see the point travelling all that way to still just sit in a pub away from the real atmosphere. 

Was thinking of playing staff travel roulette and heading to London for an extended weekend to soak it in pre game... but that is a bummer. 

Is there a reason for that - to prevent trouble i'm guessing?