Cup final playlist

Thomson Mouse

22 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Anyone remember being in Idols back in the day when they used to have Alevis Broon on before games. Ahhh man, this takes me back. Loved everything about match days back then.

Haven’t heard that in an age. Never saw him/that live. But full on shivers down my spine. Top post 👏

39 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Watching Hibbs fans singing Sunshine on Leith at the Scottish Cup Final, wish we had something to sing of a similar vein. Looks and sounds incredible.

We do have some good local songs that would work on this scale, however not convinced our current support could manage anything more than one verse sung at 200 mph.

2 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Exactly my thoughts and isn't it a shame. 

I think ‘coming home’ and ‘run for home’ would sound great with eveyone singing along, for some reason it’s just all generic shite now. When we lift the cup everyone will probably be singing about up the PL we go, we’re at our lowest point in terms of vocal support now that we’ve ever been in my opinion.

Run For Home :anguish: Christ :lol: would you want folk to put on the faux American accent as well? Literally the most generic of generic shite; it proper swells my heart to hear EIEIEIO belted out by folk who sound like they're from the same part of the world than me

Edited by OpenC

3 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Run For Home :anguish: Christ :lol: would you want folk to put on the faux American accent as well? Literally the most generic of generic shite; it proper swells my heart to hear EIEIEIO belted out by folk who sound like they're from the same part of the world than me

Get some taste man ffs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gNdeB-lSURU

1 minute ago, OpenC said:

It's fucking rancid man, sounds like the song they'd play at the start or end of a terrible sitcom :lol: do they sound like they're from the north east, do you think?

It’s a fucking old classic man synonymous with the area, do you think eieieio is appropriate when we’ve lifted the cup. The song book is lifting and even that was ripped from other clubs back in the Keegan era. The only difference was it was sung far better in the Keegan era and not a million miles an hour like now.

13 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s a fucking old classic man synonymous with the area, do you think eieieio is appropriate when we’ve lifted the cup. The song book is lifting and even that was ripped from other clubs back in the Keegan era. The only difference was it was sung far better in the Keegan era and not a million miles an hour like now.

:dontknow: they always sound alright to me like. 

All I can say for sure is that I personally wouldn't want fucking Run For Home becoming associated with NUFC :lol: was bad enough when the DJ used to play it while the stadium was emptying.  The lads might be local lads but it's horrific schmaltzy shite in my humble opinion, could have been written and recorded absolutely anywhere

Also IMO, when spurs fans do When The Spurs Go Marching In slowly, that's absolutely terrible too :lol:

Edited by OpenC

23 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Broadly agree that our repertoire is pretty shit and lacking in creativity but EIEIEIO is fucking class in the good times. Surprisingly under-utilized by other fans too. (Was shit at Arsenal where we were singing Bruno in the middle while they sang their version)

Can't think of that many sounds I associate with the game :(

The prow-GRAM sellers, and the kids on Walter Terrace offering to look after my car, maybe

That lass who used to busk between Barker & Stonehouse and the Gallowgate every week (maybe still does, I haven't been for a while)

Edited by OpenC

1 hour ago, frankpingel said:

Watching Hibbs fans singing Sunshine on Leith at the Scottish Cup Final, wish we had something to sing of a similar vein. Looks and sounds incredible.

That could be the Blaydon Races for us. 

Would love that group of old fellas from Low Fell to sing it some time. The current version is fucking lifting.

”Toon Toon”. 

Similarly, I was in the SC on Tuesday and a small group of us were attempting to clap instead of shouting “TOOOOOON” between United’s. It started to sink in for a few. Hopefully that starts to catch on again. Just like @Heronhas managed to get it changed to ‘win the football league, we’re gonna win the cup’. Doesn’t take much at times to change things as long as you keep at it.