Cup final playlist

Thomson Mouse

8 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

That could be the Blaydon Races for us. 

Would love that group of old fellas from Low Fell to sing it some time. The current version is fucking lifting.

”Toon Toon”. 

Similarly, I was in the SC on Tuesday and a small group of us were attempting to clap instead of shouting “TOOOOOON” between United’s. It started to sink in for a few. Hopefully that starts to catch on again. Just like @Heronhas managed to get it changed to ‘win the football league, we’re gonna win the cup’. Doesn’t take much at times to change things as long as you keep at it.

The one from the Irish club? Absolutely lush that. Best version I've ever heard. Proper hearty stuff.

11 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

That could be the Blaydon Races for us. 

Would love that group of old fellas from Low Fell to sing it some time. The current version is fucking lifting.

”Toon Toon”. 

Similarly, I was in the SC on Tuesday and a small group of us were attempting to clap instead of shouting “TOOOOOON” between United’s. It started to sink in for a few. Hopefully that starts to catch on again. Just like @Heronhas managed to get it changed to ‘win the football league, we’re gonna win the cup’. Doesn’t take much at times to change things as long as you keep at it.

Persistence is key and singing it at quiet times. Instead of "Toon" I actually chant "New-Cas-tle" between Uniteds too. Toon United doesn't really make all that much sense and it's a modern thing. Bizarre tbh. The 3 claps match the syllables of New  Cas Tle.

1 hour ago, OpenC said:

:dontknow: they always sound alright to me like. 

All I can say for sure is that I personally wouldn't want fucking Run For Home becoming associated with NUFC :lol: was bad enough when the DJ used to play it while the stadium was emptying.  The lads might be local lads but it's horrific schmaltzy shite in my humble opinion, could have been written and recorded absolutely anywhere

Also IMO, when spurs fans do When The Spurs Go Marching In slowly, that's absolutely terrible too :lol:

Every song is far to fast at the minute but completely agree the spurs version of that is fucking horrible. Somewhere in the middle a good example being when Rangers sing ‘we are the billy boys’, just the right pace and you can understand the fucking words.

• 2 weeks later...