Newcastle United 1-1 West Ham United (04/02/2023)

Rich

1 minute ago, Killuminati said:

Actually i missed the first 6 minutes. 

I missed the whole first half and just got in but can’t believe the tone on here and the negativity. You’d think we were getting beat.

Can see this slipping away from us to be honest. If we play like we did in the 2nd half against Southamptin, this West Ham side are far much better to punish us.

Edited by nufcjb

Just now, LV said:

Eh? Steve Bruce era? Really??

Alot of misplaces passings, no chemistry,losing the midfield, wilson isolated again, the opponents danger in almost every counter attack they have, they dont seem afraid of St James Park.....yea first half felt lika a steve bruce game

You could see the pattern emerging there first half. After the goal we didn't get a kick for 10 minutes. We had some nice moves sporadically, but teams are wising up to us. We need to work more than Miggy eound the corner, and Willocks  bursts up the left. They are no longer that productive ,so we need alternatives

Has Given been brought on board by Sky as our resident 'big club fan boy'? I swear he was never this frequent a guest in general, and for us in particular it feels like it's been a while since we got the usual Souness/Jenas type bellend representation.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Has Given been brought on board by Sky as our resident 'big club fan boy'? I swear he was never this frequent a guest in general, and for us in particular it feels like it's been a while since we got the usual Souness/Jenas type bellend representation.

since the takeover no?

I'll say it again, its tired legs (and minds) These players have ran themselves into the ground over the last year and it's the same team week in, week out. some of that is down to depth, some of it the manager not wanting to change a winning (unbeaten) team. 

Of course we miss Bruno, we don't have much options in centre mid.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

I'll say it again, its tired legs (and minds) These players have ran themselves into the ground over the last year and it's the same team week in, week out. some of that is down to depth, some of it the manager not wanting to change a winning (unbeaten) team. 

This. We have been brilliant but it is also overperforming and dips are inevitable. 

Just now, loki679 said:

Aye, cos you didn't watch it.

That’s kinda what I mean - I’m also among the group being negative as well but coming in at half time and although a draw isn’t ideal, we’re without our best player and in my opinion our best striker who would be starting every game.  Coming in and reading the thread when not a part of it has given a different view that’s all.

Just now, Dokko said:

It's why I was disappointed in the window overall. I wasn't expecting wholesale changes but we really needed more in midfield.

Its frustrating to watch a match like this after such an amazing season so far but I think we forget just how above their level most of our squad have been playing at to get us here.