Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 11/02/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I like the idea of Isak starting in either the usual 4-3-3 or a flexible 4-4-2. His work in the channels should draw some of the markers away from Wilson and I could see the latter benefitting from that. I love ASM when he is on form but I just don’t think we can afford to carry his work rate and wastefulness any more. You could see him trying to up his work rate after half time on Saturday but Gordon brought so much more when he came on. I could forgive Howe allowing Gordon more time to get his fitness and cohesion with his teammates right. Hence why I’d prefer Isak as a more attacking outlet and goal scorer on Saturday evening. 

1 hour ago, dinotheprehistoricgeordie said:

Lockdown was a wild time. I didn't realise Miggy scored a goal with his right in that 1-4 win.

he also scored a howitzer with his right away at Wolves 

Need to win this really, wouldn't like to go into Liverpool then Manure matches without a win in awhile. 3pts here and go into the scousers match with confidence, and hopefully carry that through to Wembley.

I'd start Isak and Gordon.

14 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I don’t like that it’s the Saudi national team kit. But at the same time. I also think it’s a beaut and one of our better ones of recent times. 

I have the exact same issue. Love the actual strip (helps that there is a large Celtic supporting contingent in my family so always partial to some green and white), however almost scared to pick it and wear. 

So far as the match goes, as much as it pains me to say it, the way things went against West Ham really does suggest starting Gordon over ASM. Isak also needs to start. I don't think we're at the point where we should completely change the formation, so bring him in for Wilson, rather than alongside. 

I do wonder if Howe will be tempted to change towards more of a 4-4-2 given our lack of options in CM and the fact that Isak and Wilson starting together seems like something that would really benefit us.

Gordon and Almiron on the wings, Joelinton and Longstaff in CM.

Think that could be super solid defensively with Longstaff and Joelinton while that front four could do some damage.

Just now, BonesJones said:

Shows as sold out for me.

It sold out at 160. Then I got a call from a friend Friday 12:55 saying there were some returns going on sale 1pm! Jumped on and got another one. Just had a look before and it was still showing ADD and allowed me to put one in basket but couldn’t go further as had no one to assign it to with 155 points 🤷‍♂️