Financial Fair Play (FFP)

Mattoon

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

If I was a City fan I don’t think that statements fills me with confidence.

Aye, sounds like they’re absolutely fucked. Let’s hope the punishment is a lot more than a slap on the wrist. We need to be cracking down on charlatans in football otherwise we’re going to get further and further away from it being about the fans and the football and more about dickheads playing with toys 

I do think it's all shit and about protecting the interests of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, etc. If their owners can afford to spend cash then let them do it. There's other ownerships who abuse their clubs and leave them in the shit that they should be concentrating on.

It'll be nothing but a fine, on the other hand some Champo or League 1 side will go through some financial struggles and be rightfully kicked out of their respective league. 

59 minutes ago, gdm said:

People need to stop going on about what about Chelsea. This has been a 4 year investigation about a period from 2009 to 2018 they aren’t going to do anything about Chelsea’s spending 2 weeks ago without proper investigation :lol:

UEFA did do something though, they saw a legal loophole being exploited and closed it from the next transfer window

2 minutes ago, TBG said:

It'll be nothing but a fine, on the other hand some Champo or League 1 side will go through some financial struggles and be rightfully kicked out of their respective league. 

Fining a state is a waste of time. 

Not being able to appeal to CAS is the biggest one for me, had no idea that the PL had shut that avenue off. Still think they'll negotiate their own punishment and it'll be fairly light compared to what's being thrown about in the headlines today. 

53 minutes ago, gdm said:

This is what he said last year 

Who's he trying to kid here?  :lol: 

I've always liked Pep, as I was always a bit of a Barca fan boy.  But there is no way he thought everything was above board with the money they were chucking about.  They've been done before, when I think he was in charge and their commercial deals have never really added up.  He's clearly not that daft.

Although he did fail two drugs tests as a player (got off with one on some technicality).  So maybe he is.  

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

We've just watched Mason Greenwood get away with something we all watched. Our owners got away with telling the PL that they're not actually the owners. I'd be genuinely shocked if anything actually happens. 

For me it’s not about City it’s about the precedent and about FFP. If the Premier league want FFP to stand for anything they need to come down hard on city

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We've just watched Mason Greenwood get away with something we all watched. Our owners got away with telling the PL that they're not actually the owners. I'd be genuinely shocked if anything actually happens. 

As much as what Greenwood did was incredibly wrong , there was no actual proof of rape without the witness

but get your point

Just now, gdm said:

For me it’s not about City it’s about the precedent and about FFP. If the Premier league want FFP to stand for anything they need to come down hard on city

FFP are UEFA regs rather than PL, so maybe there's something else at play.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Reading the Man City forum about this, it's mad seeing how often fans think that they and their club are being uniquely victimised. You see it across every single fanbase. 

They seem fairly acceptable of their fate in what I’ve read 

6 minutes ago, tgarve said:

They seem fairly acceptable of their fate in what I’ve read 

I'm only on page 7 of 137 like :lol:, but there are a fair few dismissing the charges outright, saying that other clubs do it but the PL want Man City out, it's the owners of other teams pushing it, there's a cartel (that for some reason they don't think they're in), the UEFA case was a set-up, the PL will force them out which will open the ESL to them then someone saying they won't get an invite into the ESL :lol:

It's not even a dig at them, it's nearly word-for-word the crap we saw from some of our lot during our takeover and what we saw from Chelsea fans when everyone suddenly decided Abramovic was a wrong-un. These states and oligarchs are bad for the game, it's us fans left carrying the bag/responsibility. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

33 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, sounds like they’re absolutely fucked. Let’s hope the punishment is a lot more than a slap on the wrist. We need to be cracking down on charlatans in football otherwise we’re going to get further and further away from it being about the fans and the football and more about dickheads playing with toys 

Sadly cracking down on charlatans is long gone, football is owned by the super rich and controlled by them

This isn't a noble act by the PL so not going to get too giddy about it 

At work so can't read it all right now but it seems like they're not being charged because they spent too much, it's more the fact they lied about things and tried to cover it up? Would that be correct?