Financial Fair Play (FFP)

Mattoon

Just now, Northerngimp said:

This is the kind of thing which makes me think PIF are being very wise with NUFC as they navigate the rules, any slight deviation will result in multiple complaints to the league. 

Every step will be vetted. We're probably going to be the defining model of how to do it properly without falling foul of rules. 

24 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The way we're doing it now tbh. It's just a shame that the PIF are involved.

Getting in Darren Eales, Dan Ashworth, and Peter Silverstone to do what they do is pretty much ideal. You want to see a line from youth to academy to first team, expanded revenue streams, better sponsorship deals, and a combination of academy graduates, stars brought in without breaking the bank, and to grow that way. Brighton or (until Covid) Leicester on a bigger scale basically. 

Fair points, I don’t think it’s so easy to get an Ashworth without the money mind. He’s clearly here to build something special which maybe beyond us without the backing we have. 

a lot of our recent sponsors are related parties too mind. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

From a Man City ITK. This could get tasty. 

Burn down the house, good luck with that lol. 

if this is true the hubris at city is off the charts. They don’t contribute that much to the brand. 

15 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

This is the kind of thing which makes me think PIF are being very wise with NUFC as they navigate the rules, any slight deviation will result in multiple complaints to the league. 

We don’t need to be sneeky like City creating phony companies as a front to sponsor ourselves. There are massive projects on in SA i.e. NEOM, The Line etc. Billions in contracts to be dished out.  The conversation just needs to go along lines of “Oh so you’re interesting in this £300m 10 year contract, sure let’s talk, oh by the way do you know I have football team that needs sponsors?”.

4 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Who is this Khaldoon fella that all the Man CIty forumites seem to think is some kind of superhero?

He’s the Man City Chairman but pretty high up in the chain - UAE version of Wor Yassir - manages various mega projects 

30 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I tried to do this earlier by chopping NWOAT at the point at which the discussion began but couldn't figure out how. Not sure it's possible, @Big River @Rich?

Sorted. You just select the posts you want to move using the checkboxes, then "Split" into the new topic. There's even a "select all" button at the top when you've got a full page of posts and you can move between pages without it forgetting. :thup:

6 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I’m more confused by Lish 007. Is this a secret Yorkie Lishman account?

Myself and Yorkie have chatted about this but no I am not him! 

This has just been my username since I was a kid so just pure coincidence and my name is Alisha so.... I get called Lish