Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

2 hours ago, Weezertron said:

I wouldn’t mind them investing us. Find  out where all our money went over the past decade. 

Don’t tempt them, watch everyone else get off scot free, then us get 20 point deduction and banned from buying players for 2 years. 

because Ashley snaffled all the money from some transfers and didn’t account it properly. 

I'm delighted with this news, I have to say. Not because of any dislike of City, but because it will now shut up all of the already entitled clowns who are emerging in our support, whining because we haven't spent £250m in every transfer window so far.

I always had a feeling we would not become "the next Man City" and this confirms it. And it's great news too because it would have become boring very, very quickly. We will definitely still have a lot of advantages through PIF's connections to other companies but we won't be able to cook the books like City seem to have done.

Just now, et tu brute said:

You're opinion on being Leicester or Brighton. 

Run the same, but we have infinitely higher potential for all the reasons Staveley stated when she chased us for 3 years. NUFC run along the same principals as a Leicester or Brighton has a much higher ceiling. 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Run the same, but we have infinitely higher potential for all the reasons Staveley stated when she chased us for 3 years. NUFC run along the same principals as a Leicester or Brighton has a much higher ceiling. 

Leicester have financial problems for a start and Brighton need to continually sell all their best players. We will be run as a club who operates everything by the books and rightly so. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I know I said it I'm saying I'm not sure where you're pulling the idea that I'm in the minority for wanting that from. As far as I can tell, us being run like Brighton or Leicester but on a larger scale IS the plan.

What being in financial trouble and having to sell just about every player?

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

What being in financial trouble and having to sell just about every player.

As I said in my OP re Leicester, pre covid. They couldn't have seen that coming. Don't forget that the entire reason PIF exists is because they're fucked when the oil's gone.

Doesn't apply to Brighton either.

I don't have a dog in the hunt on this.

Never liked these huge cash injections - but also didn't like a Man United/Arsenal dominated league (which is all we'd have had without them) or their attempts along with Liverpool and for some reason Spurs to keep it like that.

PL has skeletons in the closet that Man City could expose is the implication of that Khaldoon reference, we certainly implied we knew stuff

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

As I said in my OP re Leicester, pre covid. They couldn't have seen that coming. Don't forget that the entire reason PIF exists is because they're fucked when the oil's gone.

Doesn't apply to Brighton either.

You never mentioned anything about pre covid. As for Brighton my point still stands also. Anyway again we're not going to agree, so pointless stuffing up the thread. 

3 minutes ago, Jonas said:

I don't have a dog in the hunt on this.

Never liked these huge cash injections - but also didn't like a Man United/Arsenal dominated league (which is all we'd have had without them) or their attempts along with Liverpool and for some reason Spurs to keep it like that.

PL has skeletons in the closet that Man City could expose is the implication of that Khaldoon reference, we certainly implied we knew stuff

Oowwww, do tell🤣

It would be funny as fuck if this brought down the so called big 6 just as we are coming into some cash.

To be fair I am happy with our approach so far and it looks like they are playing it cool so we don't end up in the situation in a few years.

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You never mentioned anything about pre covid. As for Brighton my point still stands also. Anyway again we're not going to agree, so pointless stuffing up the thread. 

Literally did mate, right here below in bold.

Ashworth's Brighton model is the one we're following, so let's hope you end up liking it. :thup:

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

The way we're doing it now tbh. It's just a shame that the PIF are involved.

Getting in Darren Eales, Dan Ashworth, and Peter Silverstone to do what they do is pretty much ideal. You want to see a line from youth to academy to first team, expanded revenue streams, better sponsorship deals, and a combination of academy graduates, stars brought in without breaking the bank, and to grow that way. Brighton or (until Covid) Leicester on a bigger scale basically. 

40 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Literally did mate, right here below in bold.

Ashworth's Brighton model is the one we're following, so let's hope you end up liking it. :thup:

I apologise I didn't read that post as was looking at what you replied to me. We still won't be following that

Leicester model though as obviously the club was not self sustainable. As for the Ashworth model, we maybe in terms of getting players, but we won't be following the Brighton model as we won't be needing to sell every player we do bring in. 

Edited by et tu brute

Wonder how this will impact City in the short term? Will Pep leave? Players want to jump ship? Who’ll want to sign for City with this hanging over the club potentially for a couple of years 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Wonder how this will impact City in the short term? Will Pep leave? Players want to jump ship? Who’ll want to sign for City with this hanging over the club potentially for a couple of years 

Wouldn't of thought it would that much impact in the sense of signing players as they are just employees , but in the type of quality possibly, after all those of us employed have no say in how a company is run, if you get my drift .

Just now, wyn davies said:

Wouldn't of thought it would that much impact in the sense of signing players as they are just employees , but in the type of quality possibly, after all those of us employed have no say in how a company is run, if you get my drift .

Dunno if I’ve choice between City and another top club I dunno if I want to go somewhere that could end up with a points deduction or even out the league