Financial Fair Play (FFP)

Mattoon

2 minutes ago, OCK said:

I hope this brings down the whole league, there's no way Man City are the only corrupt or cheating element at play here. 

Agreed. I'm hearing the PL are looking at the Ashley/Bruce years. Turns out Cabbageheed was buying the boxes of chunky Kitkats, for the players fines, from Bookers and NOT Costcos like he said. 

50p a box difference 😳

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Heard on talk sport (I know) earlier that Mancini had essentially taken payments off the books? Anyone else seen more about that?

Don’t know if it’s this that they are referring to. But there are a lot of ‘dodgy’ roles being offered to players and managers. So rather than paying mancini £20m a year, he gets £10m a year off City, and £10m for being an ‘ambassador’ for the airline and all paid through the Middle East tax free. 

11 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Don’t know if it’s this that they are referring to. But there are a lot of ‘dodgy’ roles being offered to players and managers. So rather than paying mancini £20m a year, he gets £10m a year off City, and £10m for being an ‘ambassador’ for the airline and all paid through the Middle East tax free. 

He was getting paid by City but also by a club in Abu Dhabi whom he seemingly did no work for. I don’t know the level of evidence and the burden of proof required but you could probably argue that there potential tax evasion there. 

16 minutes ago, madras said:

Weren't there tales of Man City having sponsors with "no staff, no active products and ran out of a mailbox in London" ?

Yeah, investigative journalists went to said address’ posted on companies house only to find empty office spaces.

1 minute ago, The Fountain said:

Had a look on Blue Moon forum. The reactions range from 'we're fucked'  to ' our legal team will tie them in knots'

My guess would be the latter, be surprised if they get much more than a fine and transfer ban.

1 minute ago, The Fountain said:

Had a look on Blue Moon forum. The reactions range from 'we're fucked'  to ' our legal team will tie them in knots'

To be fair there's a good few saying "if we are guilty we deserve everything we get", at least there was on the earlier pages I read.

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

A couple seasons without being able to sign players would be a nice way for us to establish ourselves in the top 6.

Points deduction would be too good which is why it wouldn’t happen.

fuck that relegate them to league 2 :lol:

6 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

The way we're doing it now tbh. It's just a shame that the PIF are involved.

Getting in Darren Eales, Dan Ashworth, and Peter Silverstone to do what they do is pretty much ideal. You want to see a line from youth to academy to first team, expanded revenue streams, better sponsorship deals, and a combination of academy graduates, stars brought in without breaking the bank, and to grow that way. Brighton or (until Covid) Leicester on a bigger scale basically. 

6 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

This. Nothing we’ve spent or done so far couldn’t have been achieved without the Saudi’s. There’s a happy middle ground between our tight-fisted cunt former owner and ownership by an oil state - just spending enough to grow the clubs natural potential is all its ever needed 

Yep, add me to that list - sums up what I’d want and also the truth of the past 18 months.  Ashley’s incompetence fucked the club, and we haven’t been bankrolled - PIF have put about £30m in so far, which wouldn’t be outlandish for any new owner.  Sensible ownership without the stain and hassle of a dictatorship’s wealth fund would be ideal

If they get a points deduction that would be very sweet and wouldn't that mean that there's more room in the top 4? 

I reckon pep knew this was happening and that's why they've been off this season. Something's happening behind closed doors. 

I think if they are found guilty then it won't just be a minor punishment, they'll go for points deduction as well

The PL may as well punish them with a decent punishment, going for a minor one is not worth it

Obviously City will have the best lawyers on this, so either it will be no punishment or a significant punishment, don't think we'll get anything in between 

The PL is a joke mind.  They played games with our takeover then dropped everything literally the day after KSA paid off Bein.  Then within a week of the govt’s outlining of new governance for football, they shit their pants and get tough on Man City.

It’s a complete disgrace, and there should be an independent body running the game.  Charges going back to 2009 for City - as if the PL were blind to this.

For what’s its worth, I’d be amazed if titles are stripped - but I’d also be surprised if there aren’t serious consequences.  Significant points deductions, fines and UEFA bans (European qualification is still in the gift of the FA, not UEFA). 

Ironically I reckon Man City have evidence of the PL turning a blind eye to what they were doing for a few years as it was all well and good for the PL brand and Man City bringing the best players to the League. 

Unfortunately that evidence is now just as bad for them as it is for the PL. It's all corrupt from top 6 and PL big wigs, as we found out during the takeover. 

Man City have fucked up here big time but the PL certainly aren't the good guys either who "stuck to their rules" 

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The PL is a joke mind.  They played games with our takeover then dropped everything literally the day after KSA paid off Bein.  Then within a week of the govt’s outlining of new governance for football, they shit their pants and get tough on Man City.

It’s a complete disgrace, and there should be an independent body running the game.  Charges going back to 2009 for City - as if the PL were blind to this.

For what’s its worth, I’d be amazed if titles are stripped - but I’d also be surprised if there aren’t serious consequences.  Significant points deductions, fines and UEFA bans (European qualification is still in the gift of the FA, not UEFA). 

Are you saying we could get CL with a 5th place finish?

:howe: