Newcastle United vs. Liverpool - 18/02/23 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

No idea what to expect from this game, two teams not playing anywhere near their best. I’d like to see us go hard at them. We’ll get more space to attack and I think Gordon running at Alexander-Arnold could be devastating 

Just now, gbandit said:

No idea what to expect from this game, two teams not playing anywhere near their best. I’d like to see us go hard at them. We’ll get more space to attack and I think Gordon running at Alexander-Arnold could be devastating 

Was thinking about this earlier, Gordon will be bang up for this. 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Hope the atmosphere is absolutely vile for that lot given the ending of the reverse game. Last video in the OP for a little memory jog. 

I hope to see various articles written by bitter Scousers on Sunday morning about how vile we’ve been. 

I think their pace wide with Salah and Nunez running the channels could really hurt us. Bournemouth got loads of joy with that tonight. But their final ball was usually shit. West Ham in the first half and all. 

That said, they look a shambles at the back, they don’t have the same intensity as before. They never replaced their legs ans injuries have done them, too.

It is also a bit like they are in transition between two different playing styles. Not really working for them so far. 

I think we will get space in attack and on the break for the first time in a while. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Think they have Konate, VVD and Jota back for Monday night so assume they will be playing next week. Interested to see what team we pick, understandably I think our lads focus will be on the cup final.

Oh FFS. Didn’t realise that. Jota would give them a decent option up top and that’s their starting CB’s back. 

Watch these shithouses be the ones to end the unbeaten run and do the double over us. Would gladly take a draw to go into the final not on a total downer.

I'd also really love to beat them as, after the Mackems, these lot have taken our takeover the worst.

Sorry to be negative but feels like this will be our 2nd loss of the season. 

Out of form, players looking leggy, players with one eye on the final, key players out injured. 

Liverpool also look like they are getting some players back to fitness and this is the exact sort of game where they might raise their level before losing to someone shit again the next week.

Would be incredibly tough to take if these lot were to beat us again. 

Before Bournemouth I was confident of a good result (win or deserved draw) but now I do worry about what may happen with the possibility of a few key players being out injured for this.

Yep, add me to the ‘anticipating a limp defeat’ brigade.

We won’t risk anybody who is a risk a week before the final, no-one will risk a red card with a careless challenge, no-one will be pushing that little bit extra hard in case the pull up with a muscle injury.  I wouldn’t blame them on that score, either.  

5 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think they have Konate, VVD and Jota back for Monday night so assume they will be playing next week. Interested to see what team we pick, understandably I think our lads focus will be on the cup final.

They are? That's shit. Thought they'll still be out.