"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

I'm looking forward to it. Very happy it's a more 'bespoke' production as opposed to the glossy, sanitised, formulaic, overly-intrusive, overly fucking long production that is All or Nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I wish we didn't do this tbh, but will obviously watch every second of it once it's released. 

never understood this. why wouldn't you want us to do this? what are the negatives? genuine question btw, not being an arse!

I can't wait, personally. have watched all of these types of things, every All or Nothing, Hard Knocks, Drive to Survive etc there's been some belters. always found behind the scenes stuff fascinating, from any industry tbh but sport in particular.

it's a great way to get fans engaged and to bring in new (global) ones. which I suppose might be one of the reasons people won't want us doing this? reality is, that's unavoidable and will happen with a bit of on-field success, regardless.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I'm looking forward to it. Very happy it's a more 'bespoke' production as opposed to the glossy, sanitised, formulaic, overly-intrusive, overly fucking long production that is All or Nothing. 

Would have happily taken even more All or Nothing episodes tbh. Was gutted when I got to the end of the Spurs and Arsenal ones. 

I thought Sunderland's on netflix was decent, I mean it was complete car crash TV in slow motion but still[emoji38]

Can't deny it'll have got some people onto them globally and maybe even some pity fans who like the underdog story.

I don't mind it knowing that it's already been going on and we're finding out after the fact. I wouldn't be as keen if we knew now ahead of next season. My main concerns would be that it would be a distraction, reveal too much/things Howe wouldn't want the outside world to know.

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, Big River said:

never understood this. why wouldn't you want us to do this? what are the negatives? genuine question btw, not being an arse!

I can't wait, personally. have watched all of these types of things, every All or Nothing, Hard Knocks, Drive to Survive etc there's been some belters. always found behind the scenes stuff fascinating, from any industry tbh but sport in particular.

it's a great way to get fans engaged and to bring in new (global) ones. which I suppose might be one of the reasons people won't want us doing this? reality is, that's unavoidable and will happen with a bit of on-field success, regardless.

Hard to explain why really. 

Think it might be because I'm afraid of it being cringey. I mean look at how much we laughed at the Sunderland one, or Arteta  when when battered Arsenal at SJP. 

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Think it might be because I'm afraid of it being cringey. I mean look at how much we laughed at the Sunderland one, or Arteta  when when battered Arsenal at SJP. 

Arteta was cringey, but I think that documentary was definitely a net win for him and Arsenal overall. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Dunno why but I've never watched a single second of any of these things. And I'm someone who watches at least one football match almost every day of the week.

I was sceptical about them, but you really should give them a watch like, even now. The Spurs and Arsenal ones are by far the pick of the bunch. The Sunderland one's great if you want to laugh at Sunderland. 

In the Spurs one inparticular there were a few moments that I won't spoil where it was genuinely like wow, I can't believe I'm getting to see this. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I was sceptical about them, but you really should give them a watch like, even now. The Spurs and Arsenal ones are by far the pick of the bunch. The Sunderland one's great if you want to laugh at Sunderland. 

Aye although Prem Passions from the 90s is even better than the Netflix one in terms of laughter because of Reid's aversion to spending, his colourful language during team talks and of course the inevitable tragedy at the end of the season. It's all on YouTube for those who are keen.

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I totally get it. There's something a bit anxiety-inducing about exposing ourselves to the world in this way. The club is personal to us as individuals and it feels a bit like baring all.

If this is true, then I am really happy. I'm more interested in the backroom boost and how they are trying to fill key positions and grow our club, and hopefully this results in a lot of Ashley bashing as well. Would love a wee history lesson for some as well, in that we were the 5th highest earning club in the world in 1999, and had the 5th highest commercial revenues in the PL pre-Ashley to really highlight that potential.