"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

There was a Crystal Palace documentary that way mainly boardroom based too wasn’t there?

Enjoyed that one and the Leeds ones just as much as the All or Nothing ones. STID was comedy gold of course, especially since the Mackem producers would have went into it thinking their club would be a success after relegation from the PL. 

47 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's going to mad seeing Ashworth dance around his office when he received a £15 million plus offer for Chris Wood.

Or asking why he’s seeing Ibrahimovic on a list of transfer targets

I couldn’t bare with having another streaming service and the commercials on Hulu make me so angry. I guess I could just pay for the premium Hulu and be done with it :lol: 

but yah, maybe I just enjoy randomly complaining about it. 

Edited by Kanji

Can't wait for this. Will be great to see what happens behind the scenes. 

I've even been enjoying the nufcTV stuff like match cam etc as the club/players/manager is full of the feel good factor since the takeover. 

2 hours ago, Slim said:

Pretty sure Howe would not have wanted it either.  But commercially hard to say no. 

These documentaries must be gold when it comes to building fan interest across the globe. I watched the Man City, Arsenal and Spurs ones, and even though I have very little interest in any of those clubs, the drama of the season as it unfolds is fantastic viewing. I saw the Mackem one as well, but that was more for comedy value.

I can imagine Howe wouldn't want the intrusion of cameras though, especially as we are still in the early stages of the rebuild.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

These documentaries must be gold when it comes to building fan interest across the globe. I watched the Man City, Arsenal and Spurs ones, and even though I have very little interest in any of those clubs, the drama of the season as it unfolds is fantastic viewing. I saw the Mackem one as well, but that was more for comedy value.

I can imagine Howe wouldn't want the intrusion of cameras though, especially as we are still in the early stages of the rebuild.

He wouldn’t, but wants the clubs finance and reach to grow so plays along :indi:

I’m sure it will be fascinating and I’m looking forward to it. Bit like a much better season review videos I used to buy every season as a kid. It might not all be roses, it depends how much detail they go into or what the club can say is off bounds.

I doubt anyone is going to see anything that puts us tactically at a disadvantage.

but will be interesting what they do on the following or if they get cut:

- big Joe drink driving

- wood being criticised some fans/media/move

-Wilson injury record/flu/covid

-the mess of the facilities/upgrades that have taken place

- Fraser getting binned to the kids 

- shithousing lessons

-dubs getting recalled 

-shelvey going

-who has what say and Jan transfer window background

- how many kits this season?! 
- any reaction to city being investigated

-pope’s red

probably other stuff that is maybe controversial.

The good bits

- just how fantastic everyone at the club seems to have done and the general turn around no one could how predicted this quick with little money

-the moral dripping off the players/staff/fans

Watched that Sheffield United one in 1990. Was interesting to see the other side of things and it was good but I had my fill of these things then and there. Feel they're basically the same with a different club slightly different story. Would watch ours but no interest generally I just don't find them interesting in the slighest when you're on the inside of the football world yourself, you know all this and/or can easily imagine it.

Edited by Jonas

Hope the report of it not being like all or nothing is true, as much as I enjoyed the mackems going down the toilet over 2 seasons I wouldn’t fancy one on us regardless of how successful a season we had. 

If it’s focusing on the owners side of things I’m all for it, I wonder if the idea for an all or nothing was floated to Howe and he said no.. doesn’t strike me as the type of manager to be on board with that.

5 hours ago, gbandit said:

I think it’s a bit early but it could be an amazing thing to look back at if we become a really successful club in the coming years

Think one of the reasons this is separate from the All or Northing series is to leave the door open to subsequent follow-up seasons. They will likely want to cover the club as it (hopefully) slowly becomes a global football powerhouse. 

The Donny Rovers and Leyton Orient ones from the nineties are class, not sure where you'd find them these days but they're proper eye openers.

Enjoyed the more recent All or Nothing efforts too tbf. Premier Passions and STID are just comedy gerld.

Excited to see what we come up with.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Was Humphrey Ker featured much in the Wrexham doc?

Not sure if this would be random or not unless you’re a sunny fan but he’s married to Megan who produces their podcast and also writes on the show.

12 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Not sure if this would be random or not unless you’re a sunny fan but he’s married to Megan who produces their podcast and also writes on the show.

Yeah, I knew they were a bit of a power couple. I’ve watched a fair few episodes of Raven’s Banquet too. One of Humphrey’s improv pals, Peter Cameron, is a head writer on some big shows these days too like Wandavision. Always a bit surreal when someone you knew when they were a student, even just as a total acquaintance, makes it fairly big 

6 hours ago, Nobody said:

Hard to explain why really. 

Think it might be because I'm afraid of it being cringey. I mean look at how much we laughed at the Sunderland one, or Arteta  when when battered Arsenal at SJP. 

In the NFL there was a series called Hard Knocks which is similar. Team owners loved it, Head Coaches thought the cameras and filming were a complete distraction to the team.

3 hours ago, McDog said:

In the NFL there was a series called Hard Knocks which is similar. Team owners loved it, Head Coaches thought the cameras and filming were a complete distraction to the team.

The NFL did All or Nothing, as well. Better than Hard Knocks.