"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

10 hours ago, NE27 said:

I thought Sunderland's on netflix was decent, I mean it was complete car crash TV in slow motion but still[emoji38]

I feel like that's an all-time great documentary, even from a non-football fan perspective. One of those gems like Icarus where they are setting out to film something different and just happen to capture an absolute shit-show in complete detail, you could never get that kind of material on purpose so it's like gold in my opinion.

I mean just the scene where they're talking about the pre-game music, holy fuck that is a worldy [emoji38]

https://youtu.be/p4bORXW9xeU

Edited by Miercoles

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

The NFL did All or Nothing, as well. Better than Hard Knocks. 

Yea, I didn't know that. I've got some of the PL queued up now to watch.

Hopefully it highlights ffp for what it is and shows that football is being won at the executive level through richer clubs keeping others down. For example the mad rush to change the rules after they took over. It could be a way to keep the fair market value decision honest knowing some of it could end up on tv. 

On 02/03/2023 at 05:45, Optimistic Nut said:

Enjoyed that one and the Leeds ones just as much as the All or Nothing ones. STID was comedy gold of course, especially since the Mackem producers would have went into it thinking their club would be a success after relegation from the PL. 

Watching the Palace one now and it is really good. I wish I hadn't stopped watching English football.

On 02/03/2023 at 21:33, Miercoles said:

I feel like that's an all-time great documentary, even from a non-football fan perspective. One of those gems like Icarus where they are setting out to film something different and just happen to capture an absolute shit-show in complete detail, you could never get that kind of material on purpose so it's like gold in my opinion.

I mean just the scene where they're talking about the pre-game music, holy fuck that is a worldy [emoji38]

https://youtu.be/p4bORXW9xeU

Gervais would of struggled to of scripted that 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Weird time to announce it 

Aye, was thinking the same. Double elimination of traitors on the same night in General Chat is what everyone’s talking about, so this has just gone completely under the radar