Films on today

Decky

Watched JP, still a fab film, let down by the 2nd, rescued by the 3rd.

BTTF i missed, but think the 2nd is the best anyway.

Home Alone classic, but again enjoy the 2nd more, the bricks off the top of the building is slapstick at its very best.

Guest lessthanlee

John Candy is a legend btw, unsung hero tbh

Uncle Buck was on last week, class film.

Cant believe I missed it!  bluesigh.gif

Back to the future II is on sometime tomorrow afternoon!!

Anybody sad enough like me to watch Lieutenant Columbo's films?

Columbo is great.

I think i may have seen too many of them, my nana was obsessed.

She used to call him 'uncle Peter', i really thought he was my uncle when i was younger (from about 6-9), went round telling everyone at school my uncle had a glass eye and was a detective.

:lol:

Watched JP, still a fab film, let down by the 2nd, rescued by the 3rd.

BTTF i missed, but think the 2nd is the best anyway.

Home Alone classic, but again enjoy the 2nd more, the bricks off the top of the building is slapstick at its very best.

:wullie:

The first is the best, then the third, then the second. Just so you know for future reference.  :winking:

They wheel the same shit out every year, I'd rather watch the queens speech than be forced to sit throught BTTF and JP again...FFS

blueeek.gif

The entire trilogy is a work of brilliance.  It's watertight, there's not a plot device that doesn't fit the context of the film, which is superb given it's compolicated nature.  It could have gone the Austin Powers route of just telling the audience not to worry about it, but they didn't, they explain everything.  They do it in a very funny and entertaining package too.  The only lull in the 6 plus hours is the Hell Valley sequence which slightly drags.  Apart from that though it's a marvel.  It's great fun to enjoy the references to other films (especially in part III), but even more fun are the references to itself which never stop.

Having been born 2 years after Star Wars, I missed all the furore.  I still love it, but I have to say BTTF over the trilogy is a far better time.  It's a blessing that Zemeckis hasn't whored his franchise and tainted the memory for fans, but it's a shame Lucas' trilogy is so much more renowned due to his tireless prostitution.